17 hours ago, DanielM said:

I don't recall the link but if it turns out the link is not available anymore, give me your email and I will send it to you.

My email is [email protected]

I am too grateful to Kyle he prepared it for us, thanks a lot!

Daniel

Wow that sounds awesome! Emailed you :) 

21 hours ago, AcKeBoNNiE said:

Hey Kyle. I am really interested in those gap lists. Are they already uploaded anywhere? 🙂 Thanks in advance!

Hello! Not sure if you scrolled through the entire thread, but I created a spreadsheet with the watchlists the BBT moderators used in 2019. It's not direct from the gaplist itself, but they obviously built their watchlists from it and it can be helpful with the replay feature:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lZZpy8r7bMosSDwUBdqmuEMD8Ap7NCxo

Also, if there's a link to the direct gaplist I'd be interested too!

Edited by Fernanda Calamante
  • Thanks 1

On 3/21/2020 at 10:23 PM, Fernanda Calamante said:

Hello! Not sure if you scrolled through the entire thread, but I created a spreadsheet with the watchlists the BBT moderators used in 2019. It's not direct from the gaplist itself, but they obviously built their watchlists from it and it can be helpful with the replay feature:

Thank you very much Fernanda 🙂

@Michael McCausland, YES!  Some tickers on some days seem reasonably close to as  "fluid" as the real market opening/day, but in my experience (quite a few hours in replay now) most tickers on most days, even the historically high volume favorites aren't terribly realistic.  I'm truly grateful for the feature add to DAS, but the data flow needs improvement and of course we still don't have L2 data.  Maybe that's a good handicap and would make me better at certain portions of my skill set?  Or maybe its truly a hindrance, I haven't quite decided.  Either way, would really like to see a near term fix for the time and sales / price action flow to be more fluid.  

I continue to work on my 5M ORBs and according to my replay performance, I'm horrible compared to live market/real $ (I'm not that great there either, but better than replay 😛 )  I attribute it to such poor price action and terrible fills compared to real.

YMMV...

• Like 1

On 3/21/2020 at 10:23 PM, FFClm said:

Thank you very much.

Is anyone doing the same work for 2020 ?

Hello guys,

What is your experience return using DAS replay feature please? Is it working well and would you recommend it? 

Thanks

On 3/21/2020 at 3:23 PM, FFClm said:

Nice @FFClm!  Are do you doing this for 2020?

On 4/19/2020 at 12:38 PM, tardi44 said:

Thank you very much.

Is anyone doing the same work for 2020 ?

3 hours ago, Abiel said:

Nice @FFClm!  Are do you doing this for 2020?

Hi!

I'm glad it's been helpful!

Yes, I'm doing it for 2020. I'll create another topic with a Google Drive link to both 2019 and 2020 spreadsheets once I have the latter completed until April. I'll also upload a comissions spreadsheet that William H. created for  IB comissions and that I used to create a CMEG comissions spreadsheet based on the BBT discount that we have (the original spreadsheet can be found in the Education Center - The Complete Guide to Understanding Comissions).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/2/2020 at 10:23 PM, KyleK29 said:

For those planning on using this system, would you be interested in a historical BBT gap list lookup system?

I have gap lists for years 1999 - 2019 with a BBT (same as the TradeIdeas config) filter, I could make this accessible to BBT members if there's enough interest. It'd allow you to look up a gap list for a specific date (frozen as of 9:30am on that date). That way you can appropriately simulate the complete trading method.

Thanks for answering that. That's interesting, triggers / stops are more complicated because they're stored on the server side once accepted (and it'd need to reference historical data there as well), but I'm surprised they don't just implement a local broker for it (at the application level), probably be way easier because they could just tie into their alert system.

HI Kyle, I have recently joined and wanted to check if you have shared the link to download this file for historical tradeIdeas gap list 

On 5/4/2020 at 3:41 AM, Girish Kumar said:

HI Kyle, I have recently joined and wanted to check if you have shared the link to download this file for historical tradeIdeas gap list 

Hi Girish,

Sorry for the delay in replying,  I decommissioned the old server and I'm currently building up a new server as I needed more power to handle all the data I'm adding. I'll post to the forums when  I expose the gap list for users.

-Kyle

• Like 1

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

wow! Thanks Kyle! Maybe 1999 is too much, but maybe from 2010. Market has shifted a lot in the last 10-15 years.

Regardless, thank you so much for doing this!!!

• Like 1

Hi Day trading newbie here. This list and the drive file and BBT in general is AMAZING; I wish I had heard about this earlier. Congratulations on making such a great community!