Hey everyone, 

Below is the video on how to use the DAS Replay feature. Currently this feature is available on the BBT Simulation Version 5.4.6.0. Which can be downloaded at https://www.dastrader.com/download/fixes/DEMO.5.4.6.0.exe  (When the feature is ready for production it will be release to other platform versions like IB, Centerpoint and CMEG.)

Thank you

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Hi Carlos, is this only available to members who currently have the DAS Sim subscription from BBT? I'm a lifetime member but my BBT Sim account expired a while ago.

Carlos,

When will it be available on DAS Sim?

i am a Lifetime Member with BBT with an IB/DAS platform.  So I guess it’s not available to me, yet, right?

sorry - I just get all the avenues/platforms/brokers, etc confused sometimes.

Thanks,

Cindy

On 12/27/2019 at 10:32 PM, Cindy Blankenship said:

Carlos,

When will it be available on DAS Sim?

i am a Lifetime Member with BBT with an IB/DAS platform.  So I guess it’s not available to me, yet, right?

sorry - I just get all the avenues/platforms/brokers, etc confused sometimes.

Thanks,

Cindy

Hi Cindy! 

That is correct is not yet available on the IB version. I expect early next year DAS will most likely start releasing this feature to other platforms. Again just me guessing, I wont be surprise if they way for the level 2 feature to be done first. That was going to be upgraded on their phase 2 of programming. 

BBT is getting a first look now with the hope of getting feedback from our community on the software.  Unfortunately if you are not using the BBT Simulation version you are not yet able to use the DAS Replay feature. When this changes or as we hear more news on it I will make sure to update the forum post.

Thanks.

Hi Carlos,

Hope you are well. I have a question. I have tried using @KyleK29 Hotkey on the Quote Mode Replay but I am not able to send my stop-loss automatically to the market. When I do it on Quote Mode Normal during trading hours on SIM, it works alright. Do you have any idea what might be wrong?

Thanks in advace.

Fayaaz Roojee

13 hours ago, Carlos M. said:

Hi Cindy! 

That is correct is not yet available on the IB version. I expect early next year DAS will most likely start releasing this feature to other platforms. Again just me guessing, I wont be surprise if they way for the level 2 feature to be done first. That was going to be upgraded on their phase 2 of programming. 

BBT is getting a first look now with the hope of getting feedback from our community on the software.  Unfortunately if you are not using the BBT Simulation version you are not yet able to use the DAS Replay feature. When this changes or as we hear more news on it I will make sure to update the forum post.

Thanks.

My guess is it'll be in soon, they probably just haven't figured out how they're going to package it for non-BBT users. It's in the IBCO / CMEG releases, users just don't have permissions to the data.

3 hours ago, Fayaaz R said:

Hi Carlos,

Hope you are well. I have a question. I have tried using @KyleK29 Hotkey on the Quote Mode Replay but I am not able to send my stop-loss automatically to the market. When I do it on Quote Mode Normal during trading hours on SIM, it works alright. Do you have any idea what might be wrong?

Thanks in advace.

Fayaaz Roojee

Since it's a completely new feature, I don't know personally what would cause that and I doubt many users have figured it out yet. Once IBCO users can use it (me included), I'll be sure to update any documentation / configs for it.

Edited by KyleK29
  • Like 1

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

8 minutes ago, KyleK29 said:

My guess is it'll be in soon, they probably just haven't figured out how they're going to package it for non-BBT users. It's in the IBCO / CMEG releases, users just don't have permissions to the data.

Since it's a completely new feature, I don't know personally what would cause that and I doubt many users have figured it out yet. Once IBCO users can use it (me included), I'll be sure to update any documentation / configs for it.

DAS Replay does not support STOP orders in the Replay mode at this time.

image.png.45fa00ec7b2a5649e038e2a9972a44b2.png

Edited by PilotFish
  • Like 1

For those planning on using this system, would you be interested in a historical BBT gap list lookup system?

I have gap lists for years 1999 - 2019 with a BBT (same as the TradeIdeas config) filter, I could make this accessible to BBT members if there's enough interest. It'd allow you to look up a gap list for a specific date (frozen as of 9:30am on that date). That way you can appropriately simulate the complete trading method.

On 12/31/2019 at 5:45 AM, PilotFish said:

DAS Replay does not support STOP orders in the Replay mode at this time.

image.png.45fa00ec7b2a5649e038e2a9972a44b2.png

Thanks for answering that. That's interesting, triggers / stops are more complicated because they're stored on the server side once accepted (and it'd need to reference historical data there as well), but I'm surprised they don't just implement a local broker for it (at the application level), probably be way easier because they could just tie into their alert system.

Edited by KyleK29

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

5 hours ago, KyleK29 said:

For those planning on using this system, would you be interested in a historical BBT gap list lookup system?

I have gap lists for years 1999 - 2019 with a BBT (same as the TradeIdeas config) filter, I could make this accessible to BBT members if there's enough interest. It'd allow you to look up a gap list for a specific date (frozen as of 9:30am on that date). That way you can appropriately simulate the complete trading method.

Thanks for answering that. That's interesting, triggers / stops are more complicated because they're stored on the server side once accepted (and it'd need to reference historical data there as well), but I'm surprised they don't just implement a local broker for it (at the application level), probably be way easier because they could just tie into their alert system.

I am interested Kyle, as my current process is to go through pre-market youtube videos, and save Carlos list to a spreadsheet 😄

Edited by Seydou Dia

7 hours ago, KyleK29 said:

This would be amazing, one issue I am having using DAS Replay is I don't want to know what the stock did for the day that I want to trade it as well as any future days. So I've been having to resort to having other people pick stocks for me so I don't have a bias going into a trade knowing what it did for the day.  If you could somehow make something that showed gappers but excluded all information of what it did for the day you want to trade it as well as any future dates that would be really useful.  No Cheating!

Any ideas why in Replay mode the SP of all stocks are all the same.  Every stock I've tried as of 2 Jan is at $40, even AAPL and TESLA.  Great if you can get it!!!

Edited by Jonathan Smith

On 1/2/2020 at 9:23 AM, KyleK29 said:

Kyle - That would be fantastic.

When I practice my pattern recognition skills for the past trading days, I always watch Carlos' gaper list in that particular day, because I want to practice my skills on a gaped stock.

Thanks for your willingness to help!

On 12/24/2019 at 12:09 PM, Carlos M. said:

Hey everyone, 

Below is the video on how to use the DAS Replay feature. Currently this feature is available on the BBT Simulation Version 5.4.6.0. Which can be downloaded at https://www.dastrader.com/download/fixes/DEMO.5.4.6.0.exe  (When the feature is ready for production it will be release to other platform versions like IB, Centerpoint and CMEG.)

Thank you

Hey Carlos,

Thanks so much for helping on testing the replay version of DAS!!!

Quick question. I don't think this version can do this but in case I was missing it, I was looking to load multiple tickers and have them replay all in the same time, like we do all time time, especially in the morning when we watch 4-5-6 tickers in the same time to pick the best one for OBD for instance. I can set up the replay for one ticker at a time, hopping if we could replay more in the same time.

Thanks!

Daniel