AcKeBoNNiE

Huge VWAP Differences on different Timeframes

Hello BBT Community!

Yesterday, for the first time I noticed, that there are sometimes big differences between die VWAP Values on different timeframes. How is this possible?
Obviously this is not good for my trading, if I dont know which is the "right" VWAP Value at the moment.

What do I wrong? Are there any settings that I missed?

Look at BA yesterday for example:

BA.thumb.jpg.e3e45e56a985b93cca4946061c06bd08.jpg

On the 1Min chart, that VWAP is >50cent smaller than on the 5min Chart. 

Please help me!

Yup I asked this question myself, look at your montage and see what the VWAP figure is, that is the correct value. It is usually correct on the 1 minute but it shouldn't be THAT much different between 1 and 5. 50 cents on a <300 stock is not that much. 

Thank you guys for your answers 🙂  Ya percentagewise its not that much, but for my Stop it is 😛

Ok, so I will always look at the VWAP in the montage!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AcKeBoNNiE said:

Thank you guys for your answers 🙂  Ya percentagewise its not that much, but for my Stop it is 😛

Ok, so I will always look at the VWAP in the montage!

But remember to not place your stop EXACTLY at VWAP, as it will never be the same on different platforms/market data providers. Leave a little wiggle room, like 50 cents on a 300 stock 🙂 but ya that wiggle room should be from the VWAP on the montage. 

I have the same problem!  I just use the VWAP shown on the montage, but it is difficult not having it graphically represented on the chart.