Sapperstien

Anyone having issues with DAS not saving desktop layout properly?

Hey guys, 
anyone have an issue with multiple monitors where DAS does not save the layout (default) on exit and windows are moved around on application restart? Magically my charts and L2 or montage are either on top of the main MDI window or the whole left screen is scrolled up or down 2 inches off screen. But the screen is within resolution and not off screen. Its random for what does it. I reached out to DAS and they just said that it could be a screen resolution error which I changed my resolution and it made it worse. Now the other screen is doing it too. Frustrating having to move everything back every morning.  

That sounds very annoying. 
Do you have two different monitor resolutions you are working with? 

After you move it every morning and have it the way you want it. If you save it as default after making the changes, is it still opening up messed up?

Hey Carlos. 
I have 4 screens but it’s the two verticals on the sides which are the same screens which are doing it. Both same resolution and hardware adapter updated. 

yea even after saving it’s messed up. 

Vertical monitors should not be causing this issue at all.
You should be able to have all the windows you want and save that way. Based on your original email you have some windows pop out already from the DAS main window and placed on the vertical windows?

This is odd. Let's see if anyone else with vertical monitors had any ideas or has faced the same challenges. 

Dang, and you just got your dope new setup too! I run 8 monitors 1080 landscape, never had any issues at all. What gfx cards are you running? You can trouble shoot by maybe trying a different gfx card. I also have an HDMI switch that moves between my trading rig and my wife's work comp. Even with that I have no issues. 

Make sure your res is the same for all monitors, like don't run 1080 on some and then a different res on another, I can see that messing with DAS big time maybe. 

10 hours ago, Brendon said:

Dang, and you just got your dope new setup too! I run 8 monitors 1080 landscape, never had any issues at all. What gfx cards are you running? You can trouble shoot by maybe trying a different gfx card. I also have an HDMI switch that moves between my trading rig and my wife's work comp. Even with that I have no issues. 

Make sure your res is the same for all monitors, like don't run 1080 on some and then a different res on another, I can see that messing with DAS big time maybe. 

Lol I know right. Was so stuoked. For apparently nothing. Honestly, my computer is a bag. I only have on board integrated graphics card with 2 DP. Then I have one of those USB 3.0 to HDMI splitter for the two other screens. Already tried switching the cables in there. Thing is that it worked fine for like a week (pic is late). 

Im definitely running different resolutions. Ill give that a go. Thanks for the tip. 

Anyone potentially having the same issue in the future, I've all but solved it by having all 4 screens on even though the fourth one has no DAS windows on it at all or have anything to do with DAS. I have to have that screen on and it solves the problem. Usually one window is still out of place. But I can live with one as opposed to like 20 windows being mis-located. (Charts,T&S,L2,Montage...) 

• Like 1