Konstantinos Spanos

temporary alternative free simulator solution

Hi guys, my das trader simulator demo is about to expire, and for this month i can't afford to take the 3month das simulator discount yet, is there any other solution offered for free, not real-time and level 2 necessarily, so that i can continue to exercise until I get the das trader pro sim?

Das offers a 14 day free trial you could take advantage of.

edit: There are ways to get around the 14 days if you really have to...Use your imagination or message me directly.

Edited by PilotFish
  • Thanks 1

You can open a TD Ameritrade account and download Think or Swim software and trade in real time(you have to request real time data) and with the On Demand feature you can trade anytime in the recent past.  No deposit required.  The level 2 data is not as deep as what we normally use but it can be close.  Its far from perfect but it can be a pretty good substitute for practicing the set ups etc. in real time.  

There is also a browser based trading simulator called Tradingsim that can be modified to be somewhat similar to DAS.  They offer a trial for free, and like Think or Swim, it allows you to trade in the recent past for additional practice. 

Neither offer good hotkeys and they will only offer a less beneficial temporary substitute but are certainly better than nothing. good luck!

• Thanks 1

I had a free demo from Saxo Bank for a few months.   It has a 15 minute delay on the data feed.  Their platform is really quite good, both the online version and the downloadable "pro" version.  

Because there was not real-time data, it gave me problems when I bought or sold with a market order, because it would use the actual real time price, instead of the one I was seeing.  Also, I had to mute the BBT chat sometimes so that I wasn't "cheating."  

I found it very helpful in practicing recognizing patterns and playing with the different indicators available to traders.

Have fun!

• Thanks 1