Rowan van Kleef

Stop loss & Profit target

Hi there, 

My name is Rowan van Kleef from Holland and I'm new at the bear bull trading community, I want to thank you guys all ready for the great platform you've created! 

At this moment I'm watching all the videos in the education center, so that I  can start trading in the simulator from next week.

In the video 'How to place both stop loss and profit target in DAS Andrew mentions that in the case you go long the lo range is a market order and the hi range is a limit order.

How does this work when you go short? Is it right in that case that the lo rang is a limit order and the hi range a market order?

Kind regards,

Rowan 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rowan van Kleef said:

How does this work when you go short? Is it right in that case that the lo rang is a limit order and the hi range a market order?

Hey Rowan, welcome to the community! 

Yes you are correct. If you are short and you enter a RANGE Order it will react as you described the High Price will now be the STOP with a Market order and the Low Price will be executed as a LIMIT order. 

• Thanks 1