Brendon

Brendon D - Recaps/Trades

Trade Date 10/30/19

* 1 trade on $GE, wicked 1 min bull-flag, ugly 5 min

Edited by Brendon
description
  • Like 2

First day back after taking a month long swing trades 😕. Never let a day trade turn into a swing trade, unless that is your plan.

Anyway had a pretty great day on ZM, sorry screenshot is kinda lousy. After getting stopped out in the morning I gave it another go just thinking the setup was not quite ready. At vwap I went long, target was the gap fill on the daily. Then the 1 minute looked toppy and wicky, took 2 quick short scalps to the moving averages twice. The trend just seemed too extended on the 30 min and turned out it was. It always amazes me just how much respect those MA and magic daily levels have.

I was scanning the multiple time frames constantly, 1,5,15,30 min and daily non stop while keeping an eye on the SPY just in case. I was using the MAs at where to cover short, and the daily levels to sell when long.

1014806525_ZMtrade.thumb.jpg.340c9b548a817e899b826b2f626f67ea.jpg

Edited by Brendon
  • Like 1

Hi BBTers, just wanted to share my COVID boredom scalps on $CHGG today, both long and short.

I used the 1 and 5 minute to trade off for targets and entries, watching the ticks of the 1 minute very closely, and I shorted every pop back to the MAs. This example shows that when a stock is in play with good order flow, and trending, it is possible. I did not get stopped out, not even once, and I took 7 scalps. I did add more on one trade but adding more is something I don't often do yet on the regular. The patterns were just 'mini' ABCD flags.

Scalps have modest targets and and I will experiment if this is possible to do on the regular, but you need to be super fast and stop out quick if your get it wrong. It seems you can short strong stocks and long weak stocks as long as the order flow was there with a trend.

Could just be a fluke as I don't often scalp this much and just have extra time to trade because of COVID. 

3423423.thumb.jpg.2e17ee2ff5804aa7b75dd2cd23905590.jpg

• Like 1