Richard Pfeiffer

Keyboard/Mouse for Day Trading

Newbie here: any suggestions as to whether wireless (wi-fi) keyboard connection is as effective as a hard-wire (Ethernet) connection is to the internet for successful day-trading?  Thanks for any/all suggestions.  Tingrin

Well wired keyboards aren't Ethernet. They are USB.

Wireless keyboards are definitely fast enough, most are 1ms now. The issue is battery life and and random, but unlikely, interference.

When trading with your real money, do you think it's worth it?

Can you imagine being in a trade that is going south and the battery dies, exlplodes or leaks?

I have a wired Logitech G815, and a spare basic USB keyboard sitting in its box ready to go. Also just get DAS trader on your phone for backup.

Thanks,Justin, for confirming my feelings.  Just getting set up, so am proceeding with fear and trepidation.  Received a Logitech MK270 wireless keyboard/mouse, but  just don't like the idea of relying upon batteries   Back-up DAS phone # also essential.  Will definitely investigate your suggestion.  Big help! Thanks again!! 

I’m using a mechanical gaming wired keyboard and I love the feedback. For mouse I just used any cheap mouse.

Richard,  I doubt using a wireless keyboard or mouse is any reason for worry.  If you have experience using that setup and you have a rough idea how long the batteries last then just replace the batteries on a cycle that completely avoids the issue.... So if the batteries last 1yr then replace them on a calendar basis every 6 or 9 months. Besides, if your keyboard were to die then you would still have a mouse to still use on the level II montage as needed....