MarkCB

MarkCB's Journal

59 minutes ago, MarkCB said:

Almost forgot to journal again. I forgot too yesterday. It was a roller coaster yesterday. I was down, then up, then down, then up and then down at the end. I knew were I screwed up. Especially at the end. I thought I was looking at a 2 min chart but in fact, I was looking at a 5 min chart. Ah well.

Today was much better. Took 2 trades UAA, MU

UAA

Rising devil trade. Did get a little nervous as it wasn't going down as fast as I was hoping but made 1%.

67849104_Screenshot(258).thumb.png.9a0d294501f9053c1f0cffa8fd140bdc.png

MU

Saw MU perform a engulfing pattern on the 1 min chart and it went over the VWAP. The previous candle was also a hammer doji. The 2 min chart showed a hammer doji above the VWAP and the candle that was forming was also a hammer doji above the VWAP. So I went long. Got stopped out at my moving stop loss. 

2042517987_Screenshot(257).thumb.png.17d916e26543b5e36517438f3872f0fb.png

Made 2% total today. Pretty happy. I could have made more with FB as I saw all the signs but was afraid of over trading. But it was such a perfect set up that I should have just taken it. Whatever, no FOMO allowed.

I am at a point where I am debating on going live. However, my job is asking me to do  8am - 4pm shifts for 2 months. I am probably going to stay in sim and do live trading when I get back. We''ll see. See you all Friday morning as I'm back on 2 day shifts starting tomorrow! 

Thanks!

@MarkCB what profession are you in? 

I am finally back. This was supposed to be a 2 month pause but ended up being way more than that. Traded in sim. Good that at I did, as I forgot how  to use my hot keys and almost had no idea what I was doing. I'll just have to get back into the groove. 

• Like 1

Hello all

Took a couple trades today: AMD, PTON, NIO

AMD

Tried a 2 min ORB but was stopped out as I had such a tight stop loss. 

Attempted a 5 min ORB and was watching something else and missed my stop loss.  At this time I remembered that I do much better with stop orders. Which I used moving forward. 

21084369695_Screenshot(193).thumb.png.a56cf11a02f9fb0cc13f3ec25023e4a9.png

A little later in the morning, I noticed that AMD had bounced of the low of the day, which I missed so I looked for the next opportunity. I then noticed the 9 and 20 crossing, no resistance levels above the VWAP. I told myself, that if the stock goes above the VWAP, that I would take it long.  As soon as that happened, I took it long with stop loss just below the VWAP. Rode the stock up with moving my stop orders as the stock rose. Once I was happy with stopping out just below the 9 MA on the 1 min chart, I put my stop loss there. Not sure why I went with the 1 min chart, I should've used the 2 min chart's 9 MA. 

64345446_Screenshot(183).thumb.png.e1fb4f2eecc21658c7030e3f0e46220b.png

PTON

Was having FOMO with PTON but kept my cool and waited for an opportunity. Saw an ABCD pattern forming and took it. However I got out prematurely, as I was in the red at the time and this would put me to break even; bad thinking. I know I said that I like to use the 2 min chart's 9 MA as a stop loss, but only if its profitable. If not, I like to use the 1 min chart's 9 MA. Therefore, for this stock I did have the 9 MA as a stop order but got nervous and took the remaining stock when I saw it slightly dip. 

1144617387_Screenshot(191).thumb.png.b762dfdf864254ed9fc0e2057590d251.png

NIO

5 min ORB. Stop loss below that 50 MA on 1  min. Scaled up and took profits. I cant remember why I got out. Either to make profit or hitting stop loss as that buy arrow on the red candle is screwing me up. I think I had a stop order left in there after pulling all my shares and panicked as I wasn't sure what had happened at the time

215958605_Screenshot(192).thumb.png.4169391da85033e97588b61b4c04c27d.png

Overall, it is a green day and a wonderful way to end the week! 

What really helped was reading my journaling yesterday and reminding myself on what worked best for me. 

Have a wonderful weekend and any feedback is greatly appreciated! 

Good morning All

Traded 2 stocks today: UAL, CCL

UAL

5 min ORB. Used the previous candle close for stop loss. Once I made profit, I moved my hard stop and was eventually stopped. Not the greatest trade I think, but I am practicing my stop loss. 

2058659177_Screenshot(200).thumb.png.2ccbacd67df9fd5472812519b07c995f.png

CCL

First I took the 5 min ORB. Didn't have time to put hard stop as it went up right away. Took profits and once 9 MA went above entry, I put my stop loss there. I then thought it was going to make an ABCD pattern but it didn't and I was stopped out below the 9 MA. I then noticed lower lows, lower highs. I also noticed the 9 & 20 MA were about to cross on the downside. Figure I'd take it short to the VWAP. Went past the VWAP and rode it all the way down. (I was getting confused on putting in a hard stop when going short so I was fiddling with that, as I wanted to get into UBER). However, I had a mental stop loss every time it went below a resistance level. Eventually figured it out and put hard stop above the 9 MA. 

cross920-nov9_2YES.thumb.png.8bc44e0332bdb4107fd857744271da19.png

Made my target and that's that. Thanks all and have a wonderful Monday!

• Like 1