Jaguar

“Going Live” workshop with Interactive Brokers / CMEG?

Are there any plans for a “Going Live” workshop with Interactive Brokers / CMEG?

Covering some items like:

• What to expect when transitioning to a live account
  • DAS Platform changes to make
  • Hotkey routing changes, etc.
  • Notes on commissions and account types (Cash vs. Margin, Tiered vs. Fixed)
  • Anything else relevant to what a new trader might need to know.

I know there is already a video on commissions, but I was thinking of a more comprehensive video on the changes when switching over to a live account with IBKR/CMEG

Maybe a Checklist of changes or summary to bring it all together for members transitioning to a live account from the SIM.

• Like 7

This is a good topic and we can put something together on this. We will put a rush on getting this done. 

• Like 7

I agree and can we include minimums for new US traders going live for the first time....like how much over the minimum do we need to deposit to safely expect to trade on day 2 of live.  I've been very conservative in the simulator so far...

To my knowledge, there hasn't been a specific workshop on this topic but these items are addressed in other workshops.  Some notes on the items below now that I have been live for a while.

What to expect when transitioning to a live account
Psychology is a huge deal when going live.  Lower your share size and only trade small amounts until you stabilize.

DAS Platform changes to make
Not much really,  just your hotkey routes.  Example for IB would be: SMRTL/SMRTM vs LIMIT/MARKET

Notes on commissions and account types (Cash vs. Margin, Tiered vs. Fixed)
Commissions are really cheap in general and you need a Margin account to go Short so I would recommend:  Margin w/ a Tiered account (assuming IB as your broker)

Anything else relevant to what a new trader might need to know.
Day Trading Reality Checklist (attached)
Kyle's Hotkey setups and a Stream Deck
TraderVue or Chartlog for tracking your progress

Everything listed above was very helpful to me so I wanted to summarize for those making the switch to live trading after trading in the simulator.

DayTradingRealityChecklist.pdf

• Like 2

On 11/7/2019 at 10:40 AM, Carlos M. said:

This is a good topic and we can put something together on this. We will put a rush on getting this done. 

Has this video been done yet? I too just finished SIM and need help going live. Thanks all for your guidance!

On 11/7/2019 at 1:40 PM, Carlos M. said:

Do we know when this workshop will be completed? Looking forward to all this information!