choonsiang.ong

CS - Day Trading Journal

This is just what I have learned for myself, so take this with a grain of salt as I am new....

I have found it very difficult to trade off the 1min, I will only use it for a stop and confirmation of 5 or 10min ORBs in the first ten min at max then I take it off my screen and the lowest I use then is the 2min and again usually use for identifying confirmation of setups like trend trades or longer time frame ORBs

Looking at NTRA 5min It was still making new 5min lower highs.... 

I know my trading still is full of holes but this is something @WilliamH has taught me in his trade reviews of my own and others and has greatly improved my trading.....

Dear @Glenn Budde

Thanks for dropping a comment! Yes you are right on $NTRA 5 min where it is still moving up. 

I have been watching WilliamH videos and let's learn together! Too bad I can't attend William H's live trade review due to my timezone (at 3am). 

Appreciate your help! 

• Like 1

18 Oct 2019

I took 1 trade today and I decided to take a break after numerous losses for the past few days. 

1) $ETFC - I saw a few confirmations in various chart and decide to SHORT

• 5 min - Sitting below 50 MA (serving as a resistance) and a hammer.  [This graph takes precedent]
  • Daily  - Sitting below 50 MA (serving as a resistance) [This graph takes precedent]
  • 1 min - Trending downwards and candle movement all below VWAP and 50 MA. 
  • 2 min - Trending downwards and candle movement all below VWAP and 50 MA. 

In the end, I got stopped out (referring to 5 min chart) when it move upwards.  

Take a break and have a Kit Kat. I think I need to go back and study more.. 

1523167592_EFTC-18_10_19.thumb.JPG.adc7afcab6fff2e2b94557ae9cc1eb58.JPG

• Like 1

On 10/16/2019 at 4:17 PM, Mike B said:

I have the same problem. The thing that has helped me out is developing exiting rules, just like I have entering rules.

Hi Mike, thanks for the note. I did have exiting rules but they have proved incorrect. I analyze the data again and create new ones which again prove to be incorrect. Then I don't trust my rules anymore and take partial profit to quickly. So right now I am trying a "discovery" style, where I will try some different rules, more to teach myself patience and discipline more than optimized for profit. So far so good. Hopefully a more permanent set of rules will be designed from this.