Magna

P3rsistentK's Journal

2 hours ago, Mark D. said:

Welcome Magnus! nice trades! that entry on MDCO was perfect

Thank you Mark! 

Hey. Great posts ! I had a quick question. Overall are you happy with CMEG ? Do you use the LAMP route ? I’m considering changing brokers. 

Thank you ! 

2 hours ago, David Furlano said:

Hey. Great posts ! I had a quick question. Overall are you happy with CMEG ? Do you use the LAMP route ? I’m considering changing brokers. 

Thank you ! 

Yes, I'm happy with CMEG. I live in the U.S. and don't have 25k so CMEG is probably the best option for me especially with a 6:1 margin. 

Awesome, thanks for the reply. I think i will be switching over to CMEG. How have the commissions and executions been on the LAMP route ? Have you run into any issues in general with the platform or support from CMEG ? 

Thanks !

1 hour ago, David Furlano said:

Awesome, thanks for the reply. I think i will be switching over to CMEG. How have the commissions and executions been on the LAMP route ? Have you run into any issues in general with the platform or support from CMEG ? 

Thanks !

No major problems so far. Executions are fast. As for the platform, it is good. Very fast when loading charts and so on. However, there was an issue with the screen recorder tool. Well, occasionally, it would crash... No idea why, but you can reload it so it's not a big deal. Commissions is decent for an offshore broker. CMEG commissions are based on # of shares, so you can scale out as many times as you want. This is much better than the flat rate commission structure for scalp traders like me. 

29 minutes ago, David Furlano said:

DAS has a built in screen recorder ? Sorry..just never used DAS.

Yep! I like it a lot. It records all of your screens. So let's say you have 3 monitors open, then it will record all 3 screens. 

7 hours ago, Magnus Alexander said:

As if the market want me to go back to sim. NO! I'm not going back to SIM, you can beat me down but I won't give up. 

First day is always hard and if it is not it can defiantly do some damage even though you may not think so. Just ask William H. 

What was the % of your lost to your equity account? That is the number you truly want to focus on, keep it below 1-2% and  you will survive.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mike B said:

First day is always hard and if it is not it can defiantly do some damage even though you may not think so. Just ask William H. 

What was the % of your lost to your equity account? That is the number you truly want to focus on, keep it below 1-2% and  you will survive.

About 4%. I will lower the risk today. Thank you for your words Mike. Let's hope for a good day!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Magnus Alexander said:

AMD - Tried for a 5 mins ORB when AMD broke pre-market high. Averaged down at VWAP. Frozen when AMD dropped below VWAP and MAs then finally decided to get out at 200 SMA. I'm banning AMD from my watch list unless it has a catalyst!!!!!!!!!

I trade $AMD a lot. If it does not have around 800,000 shares in the pre-market by the open it is not worth watching. If it has around 450,000 a hour before the open I consider it if I have nothing else. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mike B said:

I trade $AMD a lot. If it does not have around 800,000 shares in the pre-market by the open it is not worth watching. If it has around 450,000 a hour before the open I consider it if I have nothing else. 

Yeah AMD used to be my best friend... Nowadays, it's my worst enemy

Hey -- so, its going to be really hard to imitate my ideas because by the time I call them out, the best entry has likely come and gone.  In this trade, i was short at 99 so by the time you got in, i was already sitting up 3-4R.  I'm happy to teach you my style of trading should you ever be interested though -- just give me a shout!

• Thanks 1