JD

Clearwater Beach Florida Meetup - November 16

Hey @Steph, @Atom I’m waiting to hear back from Shor American seafood grill if they can accommodate our party since we’ve grown to double our original reservation. They are also trying to force a three course menu on us which was not a requirement when I made the reservation originally.  It looks like we could be up to 50+ people by next month.  

If they can’t fit us, do you have any recommendations for a restaurant that can?

Edited by JD
  • Like 1

@JD   Any word yet on the reservation? There is a plethora of places here that could work.  What are the exact guidelines we are looking for (ie: 50+ ppl, bar tab for all, ala cart menu, semi-private space....)? I will start compiling possibilities and have a list available for you by Monday.

@Steph Shor dropped the set menu which is great. Waiting to hear back if they can up the reservation to 40 and if they can accommodate 50+. 

If they can accommodate 50+, no minimum tab requirement or set menu would be great. I’ll let you know when Shor gets back to me with our current reservation. Hopefully they can fit us all so we don’t need to find a new restaurant. 

• Like 1

Shor restaurant got back and they can do a group of 40+ but they require us to have a set menu for a reservation over 30 people. 

I can put together a list of the restaurants that I contacted but they all require a fixed menu, buffet or a minimum tab.

Edited by JD

Out of all the restaurants that I checked with, I only came up with one that is able to accommodate us without a minimum tab or set menu. I'll throw out this idea again for Hooters on Clearwater Beach. They can put us up on the 3rd floor with everyone ordering off the regular menu with no restrictions. They will also be able to get us in earlier since they don't close between lunch and dinner.

Would anyone be opposed to this?

http://www.originalhooters.com/locations/tampa-bay/clearwater-beach/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JD said:

Out of all the restaurants that I checked with, I only came up with one that is able to accommodate us without a minimum tab or set menu. I'll throw out this idea again for Hooters on Clearwater Beach. They can put us up on the 3rd floor with everyone ordering off the regular menu with no restrictions. They will also be able to get us in earlier since they don't close between lunch and dinner.

Would anyone be opposed to this?

http://www.originalhooters.com/locations/tampa-bay/clearwater-beach/

Sounds Like an easier option....

I am making final plans to attend - Was the meetup restaurant location decided yet? Hyatt or Hooters.

I am not opposed to a set menu if we need to have one at the Hyatt. Since I am travelling in from Fort Lauderdale, We will likely stay at the Hyatt anyway. If you decide on Hooters - that works for me too.

@JodyP We still have the reservation at Shor inside Hyatt but they require a minimum tab of $1200 without a set menu because the group has grown so large so we are looking for another restaurant in the area without any requirements. For a group this size, most restaurants either want a set menu, buffet or minimum tab. We dropped Hooters just in case anyone isn't comfortable with it. We also have a reservation at Bob Heilman's Beachcomber which is just down the street from Shor as an alternative. I'll let everyone know once we finalize the venue but it will still be in the Clearwater Beach area.

Hi All! Unfortunately I will be traveling Nov 7-17 and will  miss the meetup. I am super bummed, but hope we can make arrangements again soon. I am in Fort Lauderdale, so holler if are ever in my area! Take care! 

I plan to be there (live in the Orlando area).  I liked the Hooters idea.  Seemed less complicated.

Edited by evan
  • Like 1

Thanks! We will be attending - driving in from Ft. Lauderdale and making a weekend out of it. Looking forward to it.

• Like 1

Hi Everyone, Since Shor has the minimum tab requirement for a group over 30 people we had to switch venues. The meetup time and location has changed to Bob Heilman's Beachcomber at 3:00 PM. Can everyone please update the Google Doc if needed for yourself and additional guests to get an accurate headcount to Ryan next week. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YVlR5VEH6Fn3SJp4JQYyjkC0mBgaIwX_34vWSDqNLhw/edit#gid=0

Edited by JD

JD -

Any idea how long the Clearwater Meet might last?  I am trying to decide whether to get a room for

the night or drive back to my Mom's place in Orlando.  Thanks!  

Emily

@ewill It will probably last a couple hours but there's no set time for when the meetup will end. Since it starts at 3:00 PM you should have plenty of time if you chose to drive to Orlando though.

@Ryan @WilliamH @JD

As for hotels, anything on the strip (Gulf Blvd) will be nice, at least 3 stars. There is a free trolley that runs the length of Gulf Blvd, so if your room is a bit farther than walking distance, can still get around without needing a rental car.

JD, did you discuss parking? That hotel does have a parking garage but will they accommodate attendees that are not staying there? For how long? That is definitely something that needs attention so everyone knows where to park.