SirPatrick

Partialling Out and Stops

I am not currently using DAS, still working in IB's Trader Workstation, but contemplating a switch eventually.. likely sooner rather  than later. One of the flaws I am finding with TWS is the difficulty of partialling out. Using their limited options to partial out will remove any stop loss you have associated with your original order. As you might imagine this can present a problem should the price action turn on you quickly. I was wondering if DAS functioned the same way? Does your original stop go away when you partial and you have to create a new stop? This may just be a universal thing with all systems and not unique to TWS. Probably just need another hotkey to re-set a stop. Thanks for any input you may be able to provide.

Patrick

On 8/27/2019 at 2:50 PM, SirPatrick said:

g with TWS is the difficulty of partialling out. Using their limited options to partial out will remove any stop loss you have associated with your origi

Hi Patrick! I don't know how TWS works, but on DAS I've configurable hotkeys(Kyle's hotkeys) Automatically calculates my share size depending on where I want to put my stop at+automatic stoploss

I also have hotkeys which I use to partial after which my stoploss automatically goes to b/e, if you don't want it to be at b/e you can just set it so that it doesn't stop you out at b/e. I think DAS is really configurable and you can play around with it to suit your trading style!

I never had any issues with DAS and it satisfied me even more thatn I expected so I really recommend it

On 8/28/2019 at 8:13 AM, Aiman Almansoori said:

Hi Patrick! I don't know how TWS works, but on DAS I've configurable hotkeys(Kyle's hotkeys) Automatically calculates my share size depending on where I want to put my stop at+automatic stoploss

I also have hotkeys which I use to partial after which my stoploss automatically goes to b/e, if you don't want it to be at b/e you can just set it so that it doesn't stop you out at b/e. I think DAS is really configurable and you can play around with it to suit your trading style!

I never had any issues with DAS and it satisfied me even more thatn I expected so I really recommend it

Aiman - thanks for the response. I look forward to the day when I am consistently profitable enough to afford DAS. 🙂 Partialling out would definitely help.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 8:13 AM, Aiman Almansoori said:

@Aiman Almansoori do you mind sharing your DAS hotkeys? I'm specifically interested in the automatic b/e setup. 
Thanks a lot.

• Like 1

These hotkeys are in HOT demand. Just remember to NOT cancel your stops lol. It can be tempting but just say no and let the trade work itself out. However you can stop out early if you see the trade breaking down.