Kelly Nixon

Das Trader Pro and simulator

I am confused with the difference between the DAS Trader Pro account and the simulator account.  I understand that the simulator is not connected to a brokerage and costs approx $100/month.  The DAS Trader Pro is connected to the brokerage and costs $150/month.  I currently have a 3 month simulator plan.  I also have an IB account.  If I set up a DAS Pro trader account does that mean I will be paying $250/month to DAS for both the Trader pro acct and the sim?  Or does the Trader Pro account include the simulator?  

Do both accounts have to be configured separately, or do the screen formats sync automatically?  Can I simply switch from one account to the other, or do I have to log out and re-log into the other.

Sorry for the confusion.  I was briefly using the IB trading platform and it was easy upon login to choose either paper or live trading.  It seems expensive to pay for the DAS pro trader and the simulator separately.

Thank you for any help or if this question has already been answered.  I did search the forum.

Kelly

• Like 1

Hi Kelly, 

You do not have to pay for both, when you get Das Trader Pro with IB or any other broker. It comes with a demo account as well. That is included in your monthly fee, you will only be paying $150. 

It is also very easy to switch from Live to Demo with Das Trader Pro. There is one login only but once you log in you have several options to switch from Real and Sim, you can do it manually on the montage, you can define it by hotkeys or you can change the overall global setting to Real or Sim.

This post has more information on how to switch between sim and real. Hope this helps. Thanks.

• Like 3

Hi Carlos,

Thank you, that is very helpful.  I wish I would have known that the sim came with the DAS Trader Pro.  I would have just created the Pro Trader account.  I have paid for 3 months of sim, is there a way to upgrade that to the Trader Pro?

Thank you for your help.

Kelly

On 8/27/2019 at 9:18 AM, Kelly Nixon said:

Hi Carlos,

Thank you, that is very helpful.  I wish I would have known that the sim came with the DAS Trader Pro.  I would have just created the Pro Trader account.  I have paid for 3 months of sim, is there a way to upgrade that to the Trader Pro?

Thank you for your help.

Kelly

Well, if you pay for DAS trader pro it'll cost you 150$ a month, whereas Das sim purchased from BBT costs 100$ a month. If you're willing to trade live + sim the same time then yes, PRO is the deal. If you're willing to just stick to simulator then I think the 3 months SIM will be a better offer for you.

If you already purchased the 3 months of sim from BBT and started using it then unfortunately there's no way to upgrade/refund it 😞 If you just purchased it without choosing the date you want to start at then there might be a chance to refund yet.

Hi everyone,

Sorry to deter this old subject, but one more question before choosing between "DAS Trader pro with IB" or "DAS Simulator", please :

Does "DAS Trader Pro with IB" simulator part includes a replay mode or is it only a simulator on live data ? Or do we have the replay mode only on the "DAS Simulator" ?

Thanks for your quick reply,

Best,

Pierre

Hello BBT, does Das trader sim account provide real LIVE market data on a regular basis?
Thanks, 

Mike

Hi Petromil1985,

The DAS trader sim comes with a subscription to live market data feed. So you have real-time data as if you were trading with a real margin account. The only difference is that you don't have broker transaction fees. If you wish, BBT members benefit from a discount offer for a three-month subscription. This subscription is available with replay. Thus, you can download data from any trading day's tickers and practice outside market hours.

If you don't take the discount. The replay is available as extra. Last time I check it was 10$US by month.

Hope it help! 

On 3/25/2022 at 6:25 AM, paqueuc said:

Sorry to deter this old subject, but one more question before choosing between "DAS Trader pro with IB" or "DAS Simulator", please

With DAS Simulator, you don't need a IB account. Just the sim and you can try to trade.

Hello - the simulator is a great idea but if the aim is to test a strategy  - then you need an appropriate stocks - in live trading we get this from scanners, since we can't use scanners for history, how would you suggest we find the right stock?