Jay

Australia- BBT Style Trading

Hi there

Is anyone of our BBT members living in Australia who is into the BBT style trading?

If yes, please reply back to this forum. I don't see many members in our community from Australia. If there are, would love to know them.

Thanks!!

Jay

Hey Jay, I'm in NZ, which is semi-close at least!  I'm back after a few months in the UK, and now trying to find some decent software to try trade the ASX on.  Have you been using anything at your end?!  DAS is great, but obvi no good for anything outside of the US...  And I'm not sure I can deal with the late nights/super early mornings needed to try trade Nasdaq stocks from here!

Cheers, Dan.

Hi Jay, I joined up about 3 months ago when I was living in the U.K. Moved back to Aus recently and living in Perth. 

Hi Jay, I also signed up 3 months ago and have been trading in SIM. I am in Melbourne.

Hi Guys,

I am currently trying DAStrader Pro Demo – Free Trial and experiencing issues in placing stop orders. I am not sure that this feature is disabled in Demo account. Do you guys have any idea?

Also I would like to know the best network delay for Demo account and real account? Network delay using my demo account is approx 250ms. May I know what your network delay from Australia is? My internet download speed is 95Mbps. To check this settings, please double click the symbol located at the bottom right corner of the DAS trader window and check the network delay column to the right in the pop up window.

Cheers,

Gopi

Hi Gopi,

What are you using to place the orders? Are you using a HotKey? If so what is the script?

My network delay fluctuates between 200 - 350ms which I have found to be fine so far. I'm also using a SIM account.

Justin

Hi Justin,

I am currently placing orders manually and can only place market orders using Demo account. 

Do you have difficulty in placing limit orders and stop orders manually using Montage in SIM? Hope the simulator should have full access to all features.

It looks like the network delay to the NASDAQ server from Australia is between 200 to 350ms. In one of the DAStrader youtube video, they have mentioned that the delay should be less than 200ms.

Gopi.

Hey Gopi,

You should have full trading capabilities.

Make sure your Montage Style is correct. Right click on the montage at the bottom and click Style > Stop Order

It should look like this:

StopOrder.jpg.f7a28061e91222407cf0369412ce72ca.jpg

Hi Justin,

I still have issues with all the stop order types. Please see the screenshot below. I placed the stop market order @ 12.83. My order is accepted but not triggered even after the price went below 12.83.

image.png.4a82fac58b4372ebeea16ccae3bd8fef.png

Cheers,

Gopi

8 hours ago, Gopi Mani said:

Hi Justin,

I still have issues with all the stop order types. Please see the screenshot below. I placed the stop market order @ 12.83. My order is accepted but not triggered even after the price went below 12.83.

image.png.4a82fac58b4372ebeea16ccae3bd8fef.png

Cheers,

Gopi

Hey Gopi,

Unless I haven't had enough coffee this morning... I'm thinking that something is backwards.

In your photo you're LONG from 12.75, and you've placed a sell order above your price at 12.83. You don't have a stop loss set, which would have to be below your AvgCost of 12.75.

Also make sure you use the @Gopi Mani function if you want to grab my attention. I sometime miss posts, but this way I'll get an alert! 🙂

Thanks Justin. @Justin

I gave a try again by manual entry and hotkey as well. But could not figure out where I am making the mistake. Can you please help me with this?

I bought SPY 100 Shares @ 306.94 during pre-market and placed the Stop Market order using the hot key ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Market;StopPrice=AvgCost-0.1;Share=Pos;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send. Which then placed the Stop Market Order at SM:306.84 (0.1 less than the avg cost). Even though the ask price went below the SM:306.8, order was not executed.  I am not sure where i am making the mistake.

image.png.77779ba9b44e9b7111b75c2b1fc3e763.png

@Gopi Mani

Cheers, Gopi

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.