Igor

Chartlog - Automatic imports and statistics for your trades (Trade Analyzer)

11 hours ago, TommyK667 said:

Thank you Igor and Adrian for your hard work! I have been using it for a few days and it's so great and fluid.

I have a suggestion: Can we have a function to manually (I don't see how the debug log can capture our stop order that didn't fill) input our stop loss in a field in the notes (when we review it), and from that ChartLog can generate a dotted map of all the R's in all the trades so far. I have seen it somewhere before in the community but I can't remember where I saw such a dotted map before. Basically most dots (trades) are in the 1R and -1R area, and sparsely there are other dots in higher R areas...I hope you have seen this chart before as I believe I'm terrible at describing it.

Also, will we see safari/mobile chrome support? As it doesn't load correctly when I check the Chartlog site on my phone.

Thank you once again! And I concur with the others who suggest donation for this project, I will definitely chip in!

Hey Tommy

Thank you very much for your feedback!
I think what you mean is called scatter plot.

We are currently working on advanced filtering, statistics and graphs.
As soon as we also have Risk/Reward management implemented, we can definitely implement graphs for that, too!

Our focus is currently not on optimization for mobile browsers, but we will work on that in the future for sure.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Chartlog is awesome!  Been trying to use it the last couple weeks.

Unfortunately I'm having the same kind of problem as Jay. The Chartlog Importer has all of my trades listed, however they aren't displaying properly on the Chartlog website. Website is only listing one trade I had on AXP when I had a few.

Sorry to add more to your plate! Hopefully these examples will help you guys get to the bottom of what is going on!

595976667_ScreenShot10-18-2019at9_49PM.png.1050e74290af58192fd0ba0b6a79d7d2.png183661976_ScreenShot10-18-2019at10_03PM.png.dd90a9dee175c5a87d5e12105328b1db.png

1760737746_ScreenShot10-18-2019at10_05PM.thumb.png.b36a0bb118a48cf9b2c5adde5e47bfa0.png

Thanks!

On 10/18/2019 at 11:09 PM, Blake Harder said:

Hey guys,

Chartlog is awesome!  Been trying to use it the last couple weeks.

Unfortunately I'm having the same kind of problem as Jay. The Chartlog Importer has all of my trades listed, however they aren't displaying properly on the Chartlog website. Website is only listing one trade I had on AXP when I had a few.

Sorry to add more to your plate! Hopefully these examples will help you guys get to the bottom of what is going on!

595976667_ScreenShot10-18-2019at9_49PM.png.1050e74290af58192fd0ba0b6a79d7d2.png183661976_ScreenShot10-18-2019at10_03PM.png.dd90a9dee175c5a87d5e12105328b1db.png

1760737746_ScreenShot10-18-2019at10_05PM.thumb.png.b36a0bb118a48cf9b2c5adde5e47bfa0.png

Thanks!

Hello @Blake Harder,

Thank you for your bug report. You will be happy to know that I've patched the bug and fixed your trades. Take a look at your account now and you should see your trades fixed for your AXP positions. If you run into anything else, do not hesitate to let us know.

Thanks!

Edited by adrian88
  • Like 2

Very clean - I think this is going to be great. But for me, right now, it's unusable until deleting trades is implemented. As I'm in the simulator, I test ideas and analyze outcomes that I don't consider part of my "official" morning trades.

Also having tags is absolutely necessary for journaling. Being able to analyze what types of trades (ORB, ABCD, etc.) you do best on by pulling up their tags will be great!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Justin said:

Very clean - I think this is going to be great. But for me, right now, it's unusable until deleting trades is implemented. As I'm in the simulator, I test ideas and analyze outcomes that I don't consider part of my "official" morning trades.

Also having tags is absolutely necessary for journaling. Being able to analyze what types of trades (ORB, ABCD, etc.) you do best on by pulling up their tags will be great!

@Justin

Here's a little sneak peak into what will be released later this week 😉

Deleting trades is on our radar. For now, you can try to implement your own solution by using tags. Otherwise you can stay tuned for when we release the delete trades feature 🙂 

sneakpeak.png

@adrian88

Thanks Adrian! The tags and strategy feature looks perfect.

For implementing my own strategy using tags, will I be able to tag my real trades with "real" and then be able to filter by that tag on the dashboard?

3 minutes ago, Justin said:

@adrian88

Thanks Adrian! The tags and strategy feature looks perfect.

For implementing my own strategy using tags, will I be able to tag my real trades with "real" and then be able to filter by that tag on the dashboard?

That is exactly what you'll be able to do! Not on the dashboard but on something we'll call "Insights".
We should be able to release until end of this week.

1751676332_Screenshot2019-10-22at17_49_03.thumb.png.e04acbb3b486bc2dccde9fcaf4f73878.png

Hi Igor/Adrian

Is there an option to change the default chart view to 5 mins instead of 1 mins.

I thought trades after 10:00 AM shows the 5 mins by default and before that 1 mins but that has not been the case recently. Not sure if there is an option to set the default time frame for charts.

It's not a big deal for me but I know some traders use 15 min 30 mins etc chart so for them it will be hassle to change the time frame every time they want to review their trades.

Personally, I would prefer the 5 mins charts as default with an option to change to 1 and 15 mins 🙂

And this is the best journal app available for DAS at the moment. Keep up the good work and this will eventually go big.. Please just don't charge a fee for the beta testers like us when you guys go big.. haha

7 hours ago, Jay said:

Hi Igor/Adrian

Is there an option to change the default chart view to 5 mins instead of 1 mins.

I thought trades after 10:00 AM shows the 5 mins by default and before that 1 mins but that has not been the case recently. Not sure if there is an option to set the default time frame for charts.

It's not a big deal for me but I know some traders use 15 min 30 mins etc chart so for them it will be hassle to change the time frame every time they want to review their trades.

Personally, I would prefer the 5 mins charts as default with an option to change to 1 and 15 mins 🙂

And this is the best journal app available for DAS at the moment. Keep up the good work and this will eventually go big.. Please just don't charge a fee for the beta testers like us when you guys go big.. haha

Hey Jay

It should be exactly as you described. 1min Chart before 10:00am and 5min after that.
We will definitely work on customisation for the charts including settings for default timeframes.

Thank you very much for your feedback!
We will not forget you guys, don't worry 😉

New Layout
We redesigned the layout of Chartlog to be cleaner and more intuitive. It has also been updated to look good on small laptop screens.

Tags & Strategies

As a lot of you have requested, we finally implemented Tags & Strategy Tracking.
You can manage your Tags & Strategies in a new section we call “Library”.

screenshot3.thumb.png.c4a9daf1417a618631a10a396cdc2945.png

Tags
You are now able to set multiple Tags for each position. Possible tags could be e.g. “Good Entry”, “Chased”, “A-Plus Setup”, “FOMO” etc.

By adding Tags you’ll be able to find positions with those tags using filters.

If you want to track a specific strategy used for a trade, please use the Strategies function.

Strategies
Strategies work the same way as Tags, but you can only set one strategy per position. You can also add a description to every strategy. Use this for defined indicators, confirmations etc.

We intentionally split Tags and Strategies, because we have a lot of ideas to improve the strategy tracking in the future. This includes checklists, detailed analytics and strategy sharing.

Insights

screenshot2.thumb.png.366d4434a0885eeb9457dc50d188ddfd.png
You want to know what your average Profit / Loss at Market Open in the Last 30 days on AAPL trades is where you used the ABCD strategy and had the Tags “Good entry” or “Very good entry”?

Find it out with our new feature called Insights.

You are now able to compare your performance based on strategies, day of the week, hour of the day, and by tags. We implemented a powerful filter where you can filter by symbols, strategies and tags and define a specific date range.
In the overview of insights you’ll see the improved version of the old dashboard with the ability to use the new filter.

Happy Trading! Stay Profitable!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Igor said:

New Layout
We redesigned the layout of Chartlog to be cleaner and more intuitive. It has also been updated to look good on small laptop screens.

Tags & Strategies

As a lot of you have requested, we finally implemented Tags & Strategy Tracking.
You can manage your Tags & Strategies in a new section we call “Library”.

screenshot3.thumb.png.c4a9daf1417a618631a10a396cdc2945.png

Tags
You are now able to set multiple Tags for each position. Possible tags could be e.g. “Good Entry”, “Chased”, “A-Plus Setup”, “FOMO” etc.

By adding Tags you’ll be able to find positions with those tags using filters.

If you want to track a specific strategy used for a trade, please use the Strategies function.

Strategies
Strategies work the same way as Tags, but you can only set one strategy per position. You can also add a description to every strategy. Use this for defined indicators, confirmations etc.

We intentionally split Tags and Strategies, because we have a lot of ideas to improve the strategy tracking in the future. This includes checklists, detailed analytics and strategy sharing.

Insights

screenshot2.thumb.png.366d4434a0885eeb9457dc50d188ddfd.png
You want to know what your average Profit / Loss at Market Open in the Last 30 days on AAPL trades is where you used the ABCD strategy and had the Tags “Good entry” or “Very good entry”?

Find it out with our new feature called Insights.

You are now able to compare your performance based on strategies, day of the week, hour of the day, and by tags. We implemented a powerful filter where you can filter by symbols, strategies and tags and define a specific date range.
In the overview of insights you’ll see the improved version of the old dashboard with the ability to use the new filter.

Happy Trading! Stay Profitable!

Hi Igor

AWESOME update.

Found one issue where some of the stocks are not showing charts from 9:30 AM to 10:42 AM because of which the entry/exit markers are messed up.

For example: Below trade is on $W

image.png.1d40802eabaf1fcfca6b699a7182ee67.png

My entry was at 9:30 AM but as the chart starts at 10:42 AM (highlighted) the markers are not showing correctly. See below for my entry..it's showing the right day (31.10.2019) and right time but chart is messed up:

image.png.fdcf3cabe418cb2e0d3432924d9b3155.png

Weird that this is happening on some stock and others not. For instance, my trades on $FB and $KHC are showing correctly but trades on $W and $TWLO are facing this issue.

See below, $KHC shows perfectly. 

image.png.8f4a19296570c59a8068746a096e1be2.png

Could you please take a look?

Regards

Jay

Found a bug where if you're in the Journal section, have a trade selected, click on Manage Tags, and press the back button on your browser. No trades will show up in the Journal.

Also, I just found a deal breaking bug....

Didn't import one of my days. Oct 22nd just isn't there, even though the log is there. Removing the log and putting it back it (to try and refresh the importer) doesn't work. I even tried copying the log to a new directory and changing the installation path to see if it would capture it there... And you can't change the installation path. You can go through the process of doing it and press save, but when you press the X to go back to the New Trades screen and go back to Settings, it reverts to the old path.