Igor

Chartlog - Automatic imports and statistics for your trades (Trade Analyzer)

On 9/11/2019 at 4:25 AM, csxilin said:

The Chartlog.io email confirmation is not working. 

Got the email but linked to empty --> http://

Is this open sourced project? I am interested in learning and adding features.

Hey! We cannot reproduce your error. Could you PM me your email address, you used for the registration, so we can validate the email manually?

It stopped working on me. The software find the logs and uploads. I go online and I do not see any trading activity from yesterday and today?

Hello everyone. I would like to alert everyone of a bug that is currently present in production. It occurs when a user resets his DAS path and the uploader tries to re-upload all of his/her trades. If this scenario occurs, the user will be unable to upload any new trades. The reason this is happening is because the uploader tries to re-upload all the trades at once. Since most of the trades will be duplicated, none of the trades end up being saved. The idea was to prevent duplicates from being saved; however, it seems we shot ourselves in the foot! 

If your trades are not importing, please message me and I can help you.

- The fix has already been coded up and we are currently testing. It will be released no later than Sunday. 

Happy trading!

- Adrian

We are very excited about the next release of Chartlog.
Our two exciting features are Journaling and Account Switching.

Journal
We have been working hard on the first version of the journal feature which allows you to review your past trades.

Say goodbye to OneNote, Google Docs, Word or whatever you use for your journaling!
Add screenshots, lists, checkboxes and formatted text to your journal.

Our goal is to replace those other tools completely and create something that is specifically made for us daytraders to improve the process of journaling.

You can mark your trades as “reviewed” so you know exactly which trades you have already reviewed after your trading session. As soon as all trades are reviewed the day itself will also be marked as reviewed. You can also mark an entire trade day as reviewed and thus mark all individual positions as reviewed.

Account Switching
Finally you’re able to switch between your simulation and real account or whatever account you are additionally using in DAS. 
Positions, statistics and journals are now completely separated for each of your trading accounts.

Global Search
We added a sexy global search, so you’re able to find your trades very quickly by searching for a symbol from every screen.

Improvements / Bugs 
- Added average entry price and average exit price
- Fixed bug where re-uploading trades would cause duplicate trades and prevent the user from uploading new trades

We are very happy about the new features and are excited to get you guys to use them and to actually use it ourselves!

We appreciate all of your feedback, whether it’s a bug or feature request!
Please check the features we have already planned on the first post of this topic before submitting a new feature request.

We hope you like this release as much as we do!

All the best,
Igor and Adrian

journaling.thumb.jpg.cff269780c415329321898b5341f8538.jpg

Edited by Igor
  • Like 1

Hi Igor.  I went to create an account in Chartlog and received the confirmation email, but the link doesn't work.  It's just http://.  I tried creating my account again, but it tells me that the email is already in use.  I also tried the Forgot Password link, but it won't reset the password for an unverified account.  Catch-22.  Any ideas?

30 minutes ago, John Bogert said:

Hi Igor.  I went to create an account in Chartlog and received the confirmation email, but the link doesn't work.  It's just http://.  I tried creating my account again, but it tells me that the email is already in use.  I also tried the Forgot Password link, but it won't reset the password for an unverified account.  Catch-22.  Any ideas?

@John Bogert thanks for reaching out!

I've wiped your new account so you can try to re-signup. We've had this bug occur with only one other user and he was able to signup successfully after the second attempt. There seems to be something wrong with our email providing service Amazon. We are going to disable confirmation by tomorrow while we figure out exactly how to fix this. 

Could you be so kind as to forward me the email? adrian@chartlog.io

Edited by adrian88

For anyone running into the empty confirmation link bug . The issue has been identified. It only affected users who tried to open the email in MS Outlook. The bug has been patched and fixed! Thanks for those of you who reported the issue. 

Hey I've been really liking this app, it is phenomenal! Thanks so much! I know you guys mentioned future plans and updates and I would definitely love the ability to tag trades and strategies. Great idea.

Thanks again! 😄 

No More Screenshots!
Interactive Charts are here!

How much time do you spend taking screenshots of your trades to paste them into your journal just to be able to review them a couple of days later? What if you forget to take screenshots that day? The entries and exits are no longer visible the next day in DAS, right?

Is that the best solution we have in 2019? No!

We implemented the most advanced web charting technology with historical and real-time data into Chartlog. You no longer have to screenshot your trades because we automatically display interactive charts with your entries and exits.

You can even review your very old trades, because we have the data from Nasdaq and NYSE as you saw in DAS Trader that day.

This is just the first version of our chart feature and we plan to implement multi timeframe layouts, drawing tools, custom studies and custom themes in the future.

Check out the new Charts at: www.chartlog.io If you have any questions or feedback please get in touch with me at igor@chartlog.io or here in the forum.

All the best, Igor

mockup_sprint.thumb.jpg.44cecb43b27bd7455b7128055b020976.jpg

On 10/7/2019 at 2:22 AM, Igor said:

No More Screenshots!
Interactive Charts are here!

How much time do you spend taking screenshots of your trades to paste them into your journal just to be able to review them a couple of days later? What if you forget to take screenshots that day? The entries and exits are no longer visible the next day in DAS, right?

Is that the best solution we have in 2019? No!

We implemented the most advanced web charting technology with historical and real-time data into Chartlog. You no longer have to screenshot your trades because we automatically display interactive charts with your entries and exits.

You can even review your very old trades, because we have the data from Nasdaq and NYSE as you saw in DAS Trader that day.

This is just the first version of our chart feature and we plan to implement multi timeframe layouts, drawing tools, custom studies and custom themes in the future.

Check out the new Charts at: www.chartlog.io If you have any questions or feedback please get in touch with me at igor@chartlog.io or here in the forum.

All the best, Igor

mockup_sprint.thumb.jpg.44cecb43b27bd7455b7128055b020976.jpg

Hi Igor

I just started using ChartLog and the new chart feature is awesome and has a lot of potential for improvement.

For me, the entry exit arrows are not syncing with the time. As shown below, arrows appear around the end of the day. Also, when I open a trade, chart is scaled all the way to the right. I thought the chart will kind of show a snapshot of my trade which I can then interact with. The chart is not syncing the entry exit arrows with time and is not showing my trades as soon as I click on it. I have to manually find my entry and exit based on the time shown on the right pane.

image.png.f493cf695c0653ee0c1638d58579d05d.png

Is there something that I need to change on my end?

Let me know and I will be happy to help you guys if needed.. keep up the good work.

5 hours ago, Jay said:

Hi Igor

I just started using ChartLog and the new chart feature is awesome and has a lot of potential for improvement.

For me, the entry exit arrows are not syncing with the time. As shown below, arrows appear around the end of the day. Also, when I open a trade, chart is scaled all the way to the right. I thought the chart will kind of show a snapshot of my trade which I can then interact with. The chart is not syncing the entry exit arrows with time and is not showing my trades as soon as I click on it. I have to manually find my entry and exit based on the time shown on the right pane.

image.png.f493cf695c0653ee0c1638d58579d05d.png

Is there something that I need to change on my end?

Let me know and I will be happy to help you guys if needed.. keep up the good work.

Hey Jay

Thanks for getting in touch!

Do you have that issue with other positions too?
I'll have to check that out in detail.

Could you send me a screenshot of the trades list of this position with the exact times and prices (right sidebar)?
If you have a reference screenshot of DAS from those trades, it would be helpful, too.

6 minutes ago, Igor said:

Hey Jay

Thanks for getting in touch!

Do you have that issue with other positions too?
I'll have to check that out in detail.

Could you send me a screenshot of the trades list of this position with the exact times and prices (right sidebar)?
If you have a reference screenshot of DAS from those trades, it would be helpful, too.

Hi Igor

Yes it's happening with all my trades. Please see below for an example of $HPQ:

image.thumb.png.6593c77904c7c83608c4e943b1284847.png

and here is the DAS screenshot

image.png.ee2c62008fec80635d9b766030ce13e8.png

and the below screenshot shows Chartlog HPQ synced to the same time to that of DAS

image.png.b28e6768ef22d9de58f39bcb538ba42a.png

As you can see, chartlog is not showing anything for my trade around 10:10AM as the arrows are shifted all the way towards the right as shown in the first screenshot.

Cheers

Jay

Thank you Igor and Adrian for your hard work! I have been using it for a few days and it's so great and fluid.

I have a suggestion: Can we have a function to manually (I don't see how the debug log can capture our stop order that didn't fill) input our stop loss in a field in the notes (when we review it), and from that ChartLog can generate a dotted map of all the R's in all the trades so far. I have seen it somewhere before in the community but I can't remember where I saw such a dotted map before. Basically most dots (trades) are in the 1R and -1R area, and sparsely there are other dots in higher R areas...I hope you have seen this chart before as I believe I'm terrible at describing it.

Also, will we see safari/mobile chrome support? As it doesn't load correctly when I check the Chartlog site on my phone.

Thank you once again! And I concur with the others who suggest donation for this project, I will definitely chip in!