Igor

Chartlog - Automatic imports and statistics for your trades (Trade Analyzer)

Posted (edited)

@adrian88 and myself are working on a software which enables you to import your trades automatically from DAS, get an overview of your past trades, and also get statistics about your performance.
We call it Chartlog.

Our goal is to build an application for us traders to improve the process of journaling, visualize our strengths and weaknesses, and to speed up the learning curve!
There’s a long way ahead, but we are working hard to implement planned features every 2 weeks. So please if you want something covered, let us know! (Check the planned features below)

How to use:

1. Create an account at https://www.chartlog.io
  2. Download the importer application (check link below)
  3. Login into the importer
  4. Choose the installation path of your DAS Trader
  5. Save - That's it

Settings in DAS:

In order to import your trades you need to check following checkbox in DAS:
DAS - Setup - Other Configuration - Check the "Log debug message" box and save.

Downloads:

Chartlog Importer

v1.0.1 (2019-09-18)
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1WcId4XWn0-woTlLhrf1_vjVxY8ZYxZXn

v1.0.0 (2019-08-31)
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1lQDRGja8STW3thrC7ljgPiTM7puKpHi_

Features:

• Automatic trades import from DAS
  • Equity Graph
  • Split positions of the same stock in same direction into separate trades (not like DAS positions window)
  • Group positions to trading days
  • Statistics:
    • Trade winning accuracy
    • Avg. trade P/L
    • Avg. daily P/L
    • Avg. trades per day
    • Avg. winner profit
    • Avg. loser loss
    • Highest win
    • Highest loss
    • Avg. scale ins / outs per trade

Planned features:

• Risk/Reward analysis
  • Strategies / Tags for trades
  • Sharing trades
  • Interactive Charts of past trades
  • Stock information (float, caps etc)
  • Improved statistics & analysis
  • Goal & Rules tracking
  • Sample Sets
  • Support other platforms
  • Support swing trades
  • Delete positions / Hide positions from statistics
  • Add tags to positions and trading days

Updates

2019-09-16:
- Journaling
- Switch accounts
- Global search

2019-09-02:
Hotfix: Fix calculation of win accuracy

2019-08-31:
Initial release Chartlog

2019-07-23:
Added detail view of trades.

2019-07-19:
Trade Analyzer initial release

Screenshots

post.thumb.jpg.3de8708ccad11517a2204a3a1db5781b.jpg

journaling.thumb.jpg.ba977fb2890ae203cd43e082182a19bc.jpg

Edited by Igor
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Wow! I'm going to download it and check it out.  Thank you for sharing this with the community and for all the work you put into it.

Hi Igor, thank you for doing this! 

I just installed it and it doesnt show anything. In setup this is the path to DAS shown:

image.png.81f210f61d4f8a8c728acb410ace73ce.png

Explorer shows this path to DAS: C:\DAS Trader Pro\LOG

Best,

Abiel

8 hours ago, Igor said:

The last couple of weeks I was working on a software to automatically import all trades from DAS Trader, so I don't have to manually copy the trades (entry, exit, etc) everyday to my technical journaling to get an overview.

I would love to share the first version with you guys. It is by no means the final product that I have in plan.

In the first version my focus was to find a consistent way to import all trades, show a small performance statistic with this data and an equity graph.

The project name is „Trade Analyzer“ but I'm very open for your suggestions.
This software only works for daytrading. Swing trades are not supported yet.

Please share your thoughts, bugs and feature requests with me!

All the best,
Igor

Hi Igor.  Sounds interesting to say the least.

Can you share some screen shots of what you are speaking of here?? 

3 hours ago, Abiel said:

Hi Igor, thank you for doing this! 

I just installed it and it doesnt show anything. In setup this is the path to DAS shown:

Explorer shows this path to DAS: C:\DAS Trader Pro\LOG

Best,

Abiel

Hey Abiel

Can you do the following for me:

- Go to Settings
- Select the DAS Installation once again (in your case it's C:\DAS Trader Pro) and click on save
- Close the application and start again
- If you still don't see any trades can you go to "View - Toggle Developer Console - Console" and screenshot the logs:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-19 um 22.24.30.png

2 hours ago, SpoTT Trader said:

Hi Igor.  Sounds interesting to say the least.

Can you share some screen shots of what you are speaking of here?? 

1278724791_Bildschirmfoto2019-07-19um22_27_14.thumb.png.c2ef67498ebe004c9f5550f49aae237e.png974096541_Bildschirmfoto2019-07-19um22_27_05.thumb.png.2cad046205e28d4f6f45d35e273626ed.png

Thank you Igor, done but no worky. I entered equity in settings but is not shown in main screen.

image.thumb.png.b5336b67e3aade5c8afd68d4508123c5.png

Settings

image.png.6281d05e184045e3d674b32ff272931d.png

Logs

image.png.a5c1ee51945cd26f479e1e905d16342b.png

image.png

== Release: v0.0.2 (2019-07-23) ==

Bug Fix:
- fixed selection of trading days in overview
- fixed save import settings
- other small bugs

Improvements:
- Added Initial equity to chart
- Change default sorting of trades to descending
- Change default sorting of trading days to descending

Features:
- Added detail view of trades. You are now able to see the tickets of each trade if you click on a trade

Download:
Trade Analyzer - v0.0.2 (2019-07-23)

I am very happy to hear your feedback!
If you have the issue that no trades are shown after the setups please try to "Run as administrator". If this does not help and you're okay with sharing your trades with me, please send me a couple of Logfiles which you can find in the Installation Path of DAS in the "LOG" folder. 

Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-23 um 13.37.41.png

Posted (edited)

Hi Igor,

Nice to see a fellow developer knocking some stuff out. I have a few programs that do this (I haven't had the time to finish a UI, so I never released them) so I'd be glad to share any of my techniques if you want ideas. I assume you solved how to get a consistent trade breakdown (instead of the way DAS does it).

For the live trading importation, you can do it by parsing the debug log. I'd have to find it, but I wrote a prototype log parser (in Python) at lunch one day that worked pretty well. All of the trades flow through the debug log and are consistent in their output. There's another way to get at the items, but it's technically more complex (e.g. may not be as user-friendly unless it can be made reliable) and that is to use the Windows API to lock onto DasTrader.exe in memory (RAM), get the memory address, and then scan for a known byte pattern (since it uses dynamic addressing). From there you can do just about all you want with it (including pushing your own OpCode functions).

Edited by KyleK29

Igor,

I installed it but am having trouble importing the Logs.  I am with CMEG so my DAS is actually called Traders Elite Pro ETFA.  These are the screenshots of the initial screen and the console view.  I also included a screenshot of my LOG file because I see it says no files are in there.

Annotation 2019-08-13 093753.jpg

Annotation 2019-08-13 093808.jpg

Annotation 2019-08-13 093852.jpg

Annotation 2019-08-13 094130.jpg

Posted (edited)

@Igor

Was able to play with this today, great work man. What do you plan to do with this? Are you going to open-source it or keep it proprietary? I'd love to contribute if you do open-source it.

23 hours ago, Jared R said:

Igor,

I installed it but am having trouble importing the Logs.  I am with CMEG so my DAS is actually called Traders Elite Pro ETFA.  These are the screenshots of the initial screen and the console view.  I also included a screenshot of my LOG file because I see it says no files are in there.

Annotation 2019-08-13 093753.jpg

Annotation 2019-08-13 093808.jpg

Remove the "LOG" part from your filepath, it should just be the DAS directory --> C:\Traders Elite Pro ETFA\ .

Edited by KyleK29

Posted (edited)

Wow this is really impressive and informative ! Great work and design is very pleasing 👍 

Can I suggest adding overview for each month or week, would be interesting to see this on stats for current month/week. 

Also something useful would be the ability to export day by day to add to existing journal and then only add stops/targets to analyze Risk/Reward and Strategies success rate. This project can even become a full journaling software one day, keep it up 🙂 

Edited by Konstantin M