JD

Tampa, FL Meetup

On 8/25/2019 at 7:19 PM, Steph said:

I live in Clearwater, about 1 mile off the beach. There are sooo many places. Frenchy's is good. There are a few of them. Or Bongo's at https://www.grandplazaflorida.com/st_pete_beach_restaurants/bongo_s_beach_bar__grill/

Or Gator's at https://gatorscafeti.com/

Both of these are a few miles south of Clearwater, same county, same beach. Every few miles the name of the beach changes according to city limits.

Either of these places look fantastic!

On 8/25/2019 at 7:24 PM, WilliamH said:

Hahahah. Never been to a Hooters in my life, not sure if a Traders Meetup would be the perfect or worst way to have my first experience. And maybe I am wrong, but Hooters might not be a place where everyone is 100% comfortable . . . We want to make sure every person attending is 100% comfortable and feels welcomed.

This particular one isn't so bad. It has a family like atmosphere, kids in there all the time, and being it is right on the beach, chances that a random patron sitting next to you would have on less clothing than the staff is HIGHLY probable. 

@Steph @JD @Thor @Glenn Budde @Atom  Sorry if I missed anyone in the tags.

But we have official word from @Andrew Aziz He can most likely make the Florida meetup

on the proposed date of Saturday October 26th.

Lets get the offical new post started and move everyone over there. 

@JD Can you still create and lead the new forum thread?  If you are open to it great, if not for any reason please let me know.

We do not have to pick an EXACT location as of yet

being 2 months out, but if you an note the general area, date, time and all that jazz. Would be amazing to get it on the forum

this week. Remember to highlight (not in this exact wording)

1. This is a BearBullTraders Sponsored event

2. EVERYONE is welcome, not just BBT members

3. We buy drinks FOR ALL!

4. Fun night of talking trading

And @JD and whoever else might be looking at official spots for the meetup. We want to make these fun, but also turn them into 

an event at a location where we are in somewhat of a semi private/private spot so we can have group discussions instead of only

1 on 1 or talking to the people immediately surrounding us.

All that make sense?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Steph said:

This particular one isn't so bad. It has a family like atmosphere, kids in there all the time, and being it is right on the beach, chances that a random patron sitting next to you would have on less clothing than the staff is HIGHLY probable. 

As a local we see Hooters as just another resturant, I go with my wife all the time. But I can see William's perspective .  

• Thanks 1

@WilliamH I can create the new thread and follow all the instructions on setting everything up. I'll be sure to highlight all of those. That's great that Andrew will probably be attending!

Unfortunately, the Salt Rock grill has that minimum tab for their private rooms. I came across one of their other restaurants on the website called Marina Cantina and it's just down the street from the pier.