JD

Tampa, FL Meetup

On 8/20/2019 at 8:02 PM, JD said:

Yes, definitely. There are currently three different threads for Florida meetups so hopefully we can combine them to get everyone together. We've been tagging you in the South Florida club but I don't know if you can see that, I'll add you in that club😂 

I see that, but this by far is the most active. And once we get plans a little firmer, I will ask you, if you would be so kind, to start a fresh thread with the meetup details and descriptions so we can point everyone to the same spot. Can you lead the new thread and details when we are ready @JD?

On 8/21/2019 at 5:58 AM, Steph said:

@WilliamH   What are the preferences? Such as, where would you rather, beach area or attractions area? Both could be accomplished in your trip, time permitting. It takes about 2hrs to get to a good beach (East or West) from Orlando.  And Tampa has more attractions like Busch Gardens and from there the beach is under an hour away.  All of which is considered Central Florida. @JD  however I can help you, just let me know.

I am happy to do anything. Dont plan around little ol' me . . . but if I have an equal vote I would prefer a Florida beach area, which I have always wanted to visit. But again, if it was compltely inland that is 100% fine as well. Most important is the convenience and ease for the most members we have in the general area.

On 8/21/2019 at 12:03 PM, Glenn Budde said:

I am in Cape Coral..... Would definitely attend.... 

Was trying to get something going in South Florida Club....

even though it would be a further drive Orlando area would be more centralized....

Or we could just go all the way down to Key West (my hometown).....

Yeah, again, I am not familiar with Florida geography, hopefully we can find a central location that works fairly decently for the majority of people, but if not, we can definitely have another meetup, either combined into one trip over 2 days or in the future in a different location of Florida.

On 8/22/2019 at 7:43 PM, JD said:

I think that Orlando would be a little closer if we get people driving up from South Florida and from St. Augustine so that's a good idea 

Wherever you all decide is where we will go!

On 8/23/2019 at 6:14 AM, Glenn Budde said:

I am good for whatever William wants to do.... Relax on the Beaches or Hit the Theme Parks

:). My vote for beach area, but anything is 100% fine

And it sounds like near end of October is going to be a good plan. Let me get in touch with @Andrew Aziz to see if he is available around this time.

Edited by WilliamH
forgot to tag the bossman

3 hours ago, WilliamH said:

And it sounds like near end of October is going to be a good plan. Let me get in touch with @Andrew Aziz to see if he is available around this time.

3 hours ago, WilliamH said:

:). My vote for beach area, but anything is 100% fine

Sounds like Clearwater Beach would be a good area.... It would be about 3 and 1/2 hours from St. Augustine..... little over 4 hours from Miami..... A little under 3 hours from Naples.....

Im sure we have someone here in the Tampa Area that would be more familiar with Clearwater that could help with a good location for the meetup.

• Like 1

I was raised in Clearwater, Clearwater beach is my old stomping grounds.  Im at Clearwated beach alot for work reasons.  Its deff a destination, but october might be a slow season there. But there is a Hooters right there on the second floor on the main strip on the round about.  If you Traders are cool with beer and wings.  If not im sure there are plenty of restaurants in the area . 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Atom said:

I was raised in Clearwater, Clearwater beach is my old stomping grounds.  Im at Clearwated beach alot for work reasons.  Its deff a destination, but october might be a slow season there. But there is a Hooters right there on the second floor on the main strip on the round about.  If you Traders are cool with beer and wings.  If not im sure there are plenty of restaurants in the area . 

Hahahah. Never been to a Hooters in my life, not sure if a Traders Meetup would be the perfect or worst way to have my first experience. And maybe I am wrong, but Hooters might not be a place where everyone is 100% comfortable . . . We want to make sure every person attending is 100% comfortable and feels welcomed.

4 hours ago, Glenn Budde said:

Sounds like Clearwater Beach would be a good area.... It would be about 3 and 1/2 hours from St. Augustine..... little over 4 hours from Miami..... A little under 3 hours from Naples.....

Im sure we have someone here in the Tampa Area that would be more familiar with Clearwater that could help with a good location for the meetup.

Sounds fine to me. Hope people are okay with that drive. If not BBT will just do another meetup in those other areas.

3 hours ago, JD said:

@WilliamH I can setup the new thread when we iron out the details. I've been to French's Rockaway Grill on Clearwater beach before and it had a nice view of the ocean.

I put together a google doc to get an idea of when everyone is available and where they would like to meet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YVlR5VEH6Fn3SJp4JQYyjkC0mBgaIwX_34vWSDqNLhw/edit#gid=0

Excellent thank you so much. Please everyone go to the google doc JD has started.

I live in Clearwater, about 1 mile off the beach. There are sooo many places. Frenchy's is good. There are a few of them. Or Bongo's at https://www.grandplazaflorida.com/st_pete_beach_restaurants/bongo_s_beach_bar__grill/

Or Gator's at https://gatorscafeti.com/

Both of these are a few miles south of Clearwater, same county, same beach. Every few miles the name of the beach changes according to city limits.

• Like 1

From red line to red line, Gulf Blvd, is amazing. There are hundreds of places we could meet. Also, I have a realtor friend that does vacation rentals all along this stretch. Like an AirBnB arrangements.

20190825_221225.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jambazz19 said:

This is David J. in Orlando.  I'm following this thread and I am open to getting together.

Great! Click on the link for google doc on @JD post and add yourself, please.

It all works let's find out what Andrew thinks as far as dates go. Otherwise Seems like the Tampa area has lots of support. There's also Daytona Beach, FL which has great beaches, hotels, and nightlife and it's very accessible. Just to throw one more location in the hat.

Thor

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jambazz19 said:

This is David J. in Orlando.  I'm following this thread and I am open to getting together.

Excellent. hope all the Florida Traders can make it.

• Like 1