Is there a way to re-scale my Y-axis, so that a smaller range of prices are shown making my candles taller?   For instance, in the chart below, how would I decrease the range from 38.8 to around 40.4?

image.png.a8a66bcbd4288f11aed535a0101c2c44.png

Thanks,

-Lane-

Thanks Abiel.  I had looked at that post before, but still couldn't get it to do what I wanted.  This time I tried entering a negative % and that worked.  What I really need is more screen and a larger chart.  😉

-Lane-

3 hours ago, Lane Schoeneberg said:

Thanks Abiel.  I had looked at that post before, but still couldn't get it to do what I wanted.  This time I tried entering a negative % and that worked.  What I really need is more screen and a larger chart.  😉

-Lane-

Check your studies ConfigEx. It looks likes that PriceMarker level at 41.75 is included in scale.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Robert, that was it!  I wanted to automatically include those price markers, but I didn't want to see the ones way out of trading range.  So much yet to learn....

-Lane-

Additionally, the only other way to scale Y-Axis is via the margins in the chart config. This can now be done in hotkeys with the newer versions (5.4.0.0+) of DAS. Just incase you momentarily want to widen the  range to see upcoming levels. Those hotkey commands are:

IncreaseTopBottomMargin (+1% per command)
DecreaseTopBottomMargin (-1% per command)
ResetTopBottomMargin (<--- Resets to program default of 3%)

• Like 1

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

On 7/2/2019 at 12:01 PM, Lane Schoeneberg said:

Is there a way to re-scale my Y-axis, so that a smaller range of prices are shown making my candles taller?   For instance, in the chart below, how would I decrease the range from 38.8 to around 40.4?

Thanks,

-Lane-

Hi Lane.

There is no way to do this.  (unfortunately yet)  I have in the past put in a suggestion to the DAS team to enable this feature (Just like https://www.tradingview.com)

Thanks SpoTT.  I am slowly getting it figured out.  

BTW - nice analysis of Andrew's MU trade.  Those explanations of the thought process are invaluable to beginners like me. 

Lane

On 7/2/2019 at 9:01 AM, Lane_S said:

Thanks,

-Lane-

Hi Lane

I was just searching for a way to do this. Curious if they ever made it possible. Thanks!

17 hours ago, Casey Gates said:

Hi Lane

I was just searching for a way to do this. Curious if they ever made it possible. Thanks!

Hey Casey,

Right click on your chart > Configure > Check "Right click and move in price area to zoom in/out vertically"

Now if you right click, hold and drag up and down on the price area, it will zoom your chart.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Justin said:

Hey Casey,

Right click on your chart > Configure > Check "Right click and move in price area to zoom in/out vertically"

Now if you right click, hold and drag up and down on the price area, it will zoom your chart.

Hey Justin Thanks for this. Any way to make it so the price action doesn't go out of view? Maybe a way of re-centering it once you have zoomed out?  

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to change to the DASTrader platform and I'm setting everything but I'm struggling with some settings. I've seen a lot of posts regarding the same issue but none of those solved my problem. Different stocks/ETF presented in the same chart window, some y-axi scales are very extended like the attached file, and others, the y-axis is correctly fitted to the price movement. 

Thanks in advance

Chart 1 DAY.png

On 9/14/2022 at 5:04 PM, BrunoPT said:

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to change to the DASTrader platform and I'm setting everything but I'm struggling with some settings. I've seen a lot of posts regarding the same issue but none of those solved my problem. Different stocks/ETF presented in the same chart window, some y-axi scales are very extended like the attached file, and others, the y-axis is correctly fitted to the price movement. 

Thanks in advance

Chart 1 DAY.png