benjaminchyau

CMEG Incredible LACK of Customer Support 10+ Attempts

Hi All,

When I decided to go live, I went with CMEG due to its low commission and no PDT rule as many of you may have. We went back and forth, set up my account and as soon as I wired my initial funds I had absolutely no reply. Its been over two months now and nothing is happening. I am so frustrated because with this. Check out this email chain. And despite more than 10 attempts I have no reply. I am now trying to close my account....and still  no reply. What the HECK.🤬

Screen Shot 2019-06-26 at 11.46.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-26 at 11.46.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-26 at 11.47.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-26 at 11.47.32 PM.png

Yeah these guys can be interesting at times.

Have you tried calling them on their TOLL free number ?

Kasper Jensen

Yes. It took me two months, with numerous phone calls and emails, to get my CMEG account activated. I find phone calls a little bit more effective but still poor. But after using them for over 3 months (before I switched to Centerpoint) I found the [email protected] email MUCH more responsive than the new account email. You may want to try them. Hopefully they won't kick you back to the stagnate new account department.  

Wow mine was setup within a day.  I have done 3 wires there, the funds are always in my account the next day.  The one time I sent an email with a question about wires, I got a phone call the next day to make sure I figured it all out.

• Thanks 1

I had issues similar to Rob C. The key thing seems to be, if you attempt to create a new account anywhere near a US holiday, it seems to take three times as long because I think there are only 1 or 2 key people who can activate your account.

I tried to do mine on the 15th of December, I FINALLY got PARTIALLY activated in February (they screwed up and gave me Trader Workstation despite my application and my verbal efforts over the phone before activation), and then finally got DAS support enabled on April 1st.

Five months is ridiculous. Welcome to Trinidad & Tobago where we obviously have a laid-back lifestyle.

I also called them to pre-notify them of an incoming wire transfer for additional funds, and sent it EXACTLY the same way as I did when I opened my account -- and they rejected it and it bounced back to me.

I went and opened an IB account with the additional big chunk of money instead, and there is a world of difference. I am closing my CMEG account.

Edited by DougT_pdt

On 6/26/2019 at 10:23 PM, benjaminchyau said:

Does anyone else have this issue? Or certain solutions I can try to remedy this problem? 

Hey Benjamin,

Whenever I send them emails their replies always end up in my spam folder, I've moved it out of spam several times but they end up there anyways. 

Have you checked your spam?

On 6/27/2019 at 1:55 PM, Rob C said:

Yes. It took me two months, with numerous phone calls and emails, to get my CMEG account activated. I find phone calls a little bit more effective but still poor. But after using them for over 3 months (before I switched to Centerpoint) I found the [email protected] email MUCH more responsive than the new account email. You may want to try them. Hopefully they won't kick you back to the stagnate new account department.  

Can confirm that [email protected] is much more responsive. The new account email usually take 1-2 days to respond to my email. Sometimes, they ignore my email and I have to call in. However, the above email is very responsive. This morning I emailed them to set up risk control for my account and they responded within 40 minutes! We emailed back and forth and the issue was resolved less than 2 hours. 

• Like 1

Yes usually anything I have to do with CMEG I email them at [email protected] and the responses have been great. The do not respond to call timely and this has unfortunately been like this for sometime but through emails you can get anything you need done. 

Great thing also is once you are set up there is not much interaction you will be having with CMEG, and with just a great uptime (meaning very very rarely is the Das system ever down) you are not contacting them for immediately issues. 

I have been with them for months now and they have been really great. 

• Like 1