Robert H

New Broker Announcement: CME Group

Robert H

Guys, thanks for all the useful information posted here about CME Group. Just a favor, we beg you not to post verbatim CMEG emails, just share their relevant communications in your own words. While we can discuss whether disclaimers in email signatures are legally meaningless or legally binding, we at BBT want to be respectful of those disclaimers.

Message added by Robert H

CMEG offers some risk controls. You have to email them to set it up. I recently did this. Here is the email:

Thanks for your email.

You can have a Total Loss based on realized + unrealized P/L that will liquidate your positions and prevent you from trading once your set value is hit. If not, we can apply a Max Loss that is based on realized P/L only. Once a loss is realized above the value you set, you will be prevented from trading.
Let us know via email which risk controls you would like to have activated and their values. Please advise and we would have this done for you today. 
Regards,

Your team here at Capital Markets Elite Group LTD
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
People that spend their time telling others what can't be done only annoy those of us out there doing it.

1 hour ago, Skye said:

CMEG offers some risk controls. You have to email them to set it up. I recently did this. Here is the email:

Thanks for your email.

You can have a Total Loss based on realized + unrealized P/L that will liquidate your positions and prevent you from trading once your set value is hit. If not, we can apply a Max Loss that is based on realized P/L only. Once a loss is realized above the value you set, you will be prevented from trading.

Let us know via email which risk controls you would like to have activated and their values. Please advise and we would have this done for you today. 

Regards,

Your team here at Capital Markets Elite Group LTD

Wish you could make that a percentage... As your account grows I'm willing to expand that total loss.

Like Brendon said though, if you use Kyle's hotkeys you can keep that max daily loss in mind as you stop out.

Yeah I'm really using this for a case where I leave a position open by accident or some other reason I end up in an open trade without being able to close out. It's set high enough that it would never trip during normal trading but will protect me from accidentally draining my account. I imagine (hope!) I will be emailing them to raise it in a few months.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
People that spend their time telling others what can't be done only annoy those of us out there doing it.

2 minutes ago, Skye said:

Yeah I'm really using this for a case where I leave a position open by accident or some other reason I end up in an open trade without being able to close out. It's set high enough that it would never trip during normal trading but will protect me from accidentally draining my account. I imagine (hope!) I will be emailing them to raise it in a few months.

In that case use the DAS app for your phone and exit the position yourself. I would not rely on anything CMEG sets up. I do however have DAS Trader wind up (close) all my positions by 3:59PM anyway just in case. But that's more so I don't swing trade by 'accident' because that would be breaking my rules 😄

Yes I've done that. This is in case for some reason I can't or I left a position open by accident.

1 hour ago, Brendon said:

In that case use the DAS app for your phone and exit the position yourself. I would not rely on anything CMEG sets up. I do however have DAS Trader wind up (close) all my positions by 3:59PM anyway just in case. But that's more so I don't swing trade by 'accident' because that would be breaking my rules 😄

Is this available for iPhone? I have the DAS app, but do I need to contact them to link it to CMEG? It's not the same login info that Trader's Elite Pro uses on my computer

If you don’t have a mountain to climb, find one.

I foundd instructions in my account management page. Thanks

• Like 1

If you don’t have a mountain to climb, find one.

Does anyone know if the BBT promo code for CMEG BearBullCMEG2018 still offers the discounted per share commissions? Just signed up with them. Thanks 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, phxrzr said:

Does anyone know if the BBT promo code for CMEG BearBullCMEG2018 still offers the discounted per share commissions? Just signed up with them. Thanks 

Yes it does. I signed up with CMEG last month. You have to email them the promo code.

• Like 2

How often does CMEG update the trades that you take in your account manager?   I realized a few bucks, but I can't see it reflected in my equity in either DAS or account manager.  In fact, I don't see any of the trades on the account manager website.

Does it take a day for it to get updated in the CMEG system?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kroniclesking said:

Does it take a day for it to get updated in the CMEG system?

CMEG updates the account overnight with all your trades. The next day you should be able to see all transactions in the Account Manager. 

Thanks. 

Just now, copvictoria7 said:

I think there account manager site is down.  I've been trying to access my account but the site just refreshes back to the login page.

Hey, I just checked and I was able to get in with no issue. Maybe restart your browser and also sometimes clear cache on browser can help.