Robert H

New Broker Announcement: CME Group

Robert H

Guys, thanks for all the useful information posted here about CME Group. Just a favor, we beg you not to post verbatim CMEG emails, just share their relevant communications in your own words. While we can discuss whether disclaimers in email signatures are legally meaningless or legally binding, we at BBT want to be respectful of those disclaimers.

Message added by Robert H

2 hours ago, Carlos M. said:

Hey everyone a lot of great comments here. Just my opinion on some of this as we have seen this type of topic come up quite often. 

Hey AAgnostic, 

That is correct you have the right commission pricing. I respect your point of view and I agree commissions suck but let's do some math here and is important to look at every trade individually. 

You had a monster trade on CRZO with the size you traded you made $285.50. Cost of this trade in commissions $26.52. Net Profit $258.98! That is 4% of your account! That is amazing. I would take this every day of the week! 4%!!! sorry, I am excited because that's really good. You cannot get that type of return anywhere.

So let's leave that trade alone is a winner done and it covered its cost. 

On the losing trade of $230, roughly the same cost of commissions and you come out losing a total of $257.33.

So thinking in general probabilities and not getting into the details of your actual strategies, your trading plan, profit-taking. If you are 60% right on your trades and you take at least 2 to 1 risk to reward you are going to clear commissions on your winners easily.

Let's say you were not charged any commission at all. Your P&L would be $54 bucks. The issue here is not the commission the issue here is the loss, not including commissions, is almost as big as the winner. Losing trades have to be half of our winners or else no matter what commission plan we are in the numbers are not going to work out long term. 

There is no question CMEG is not the best commission out there but that's really the best option for small accounts. 

Carlos, thank you so much for your thoughtful response. I really appreciate it. I understand your points. Looks like I will need to put in more work to get the right risk to reward ratio as I find myself taking a lot of 1:1 risk to reward trades. 

Has the commission info been updated w/ Cmeg?  I can't remember if it was the daily recap or if it was during the live morning session that Andrew talked about Cmeg offering a better rate to BBT members now? 

Hey guys. I just got approved with CMEG, transferred money too. I asked them about the commissions with the BBT promo code, they said they applied the code, and they wrote that this offer is "only available for the SMART/LAMPOST route."

So, what do I write in my hotkeys? 

ROUTE=SMART

or 

ROUTE=LIMIT ?

Thank you!

Edited by Damian

15 hours ago, Damian said:

Hey guys. I just got approved with CMEG, transferred money too. I asked them about the commissions with the BBT promo code, they said they applied the code, and they wrote that this offer is "only available for the SMART/LAMPOST route."

So, what do I write in my hotkeys? 

ROUTE=SMART

or 

ROUTE=LIMIT ?

Thank you!

Hi Damian

Set ROUTE=LIMIT and you will be routed through SMAT/LAMP route which you can check in your orders on DAS.

For stop loss, you can set ROUTE=MARKET and it will use the same SMAT/LAMP route.

We get our route when we use ROUTE=LIMIT/MARKET.

Cheers

Jay

I recently purchased the lifetime membership with BBT and received the prepaid 3 months of DAS. Do you know if I can use it with CMEG and avoid the monthly subscription cost of Traders Elite Platform ($115)? And I assume either way, I will have to pay the monthly $35 fee for real time Market Data? 

• Like 1

I'm curious for those of us who has CMEG, what relevant hotkeys have been working for you and that you can recommend?   Thank you!

I'm curious for those of us who has CMEG, what relevant hotkeys have been working for you and that you can recommend?   Thank you!

I opened account with them and it went really smoothly. The whole process was 10 days, including one request of additional information and funding(from Europe). They send 10 emails keeping me on track whats going on.  So far so good...

But now that i have opened the account, should trades be showned in realtime at my CMEG Account Portal? As i can't see my friday trades.

For Ed: 

I use Kyle's Hotkeys, which define dollar risk per position. They work great! Just remember change the hotkey script so that the DAY+ on the script is DAY

So I just switched all of my hotkeys to Day instead of Day+, I checked that all routes were LIMIT or MARKET  or STOP. The only one I have a question about is my PANIC KEY, IT CURRENTLY SAYS PANICROUTE=ARCAM;PANIC;

Do I need to switch that ARCAM to LAMP, MARKET, or what?

Thanks

If you don’t have a mountain to climb, find one.

One More thing, how do I set up a daily loss limit, through DAS, or through CMEG?

If I remember correctly when I used CMEG (big regret), you can't, but check with DAS live chat directly, they can set some internal controls for your account, like position wind up by market close, etc. 

• Like 1

I tried the DAS chat first, their response was to ask CMEG

20 minutes ago, Brendon said:

If I remember correctly when I used CMEG (big regret), you can't, but check with DAS live chat directly, they can set some internal controls for your account, like position wind up by market close, etc. 

6 minutes ago, hailchaser2 said:

I tried the DAS chat first, their response was to ask CMEG

Oh really? I don't know then, I know I emailed CMEG a couple years ago on setting up that MAX LOSS setting, and they said then that they do not have that feature. Sorry. But if you use Kyle's scripts to cap your loss say at $50 per trade, you should be able to control your losses. I rarely find more than 3-4 setups in teh first few hours anyway, but that's me. I only trade the first hour or so. 

• Thanks 1

CMEG offers some risk controls. You have to email them to set it up. I recently did this. Here is the email:

Thanks for your email.

You can have a Total Loss based on realized + unrealized P/L that will liquidate your positions and prevent you from trading once your set value is hit. If not, we can apply a Max Loss that is based on realized P/L only. Once a loss is realized above the value you set, you will be prevented from trading.
Let us know via email which risk controls you would like to have activated and their values. Please advise and we would have this done for you today. 
Regards,

Your team here at Capital Markets Elite Group LTD
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
People that spend their time telling others what can't be done only annoy those of us out there doing it.