Robert H

New Broker Announcement: CME Group

Robert H

Guys, thanks for all the useful information posted here about CME Group. Just a favor, we beg you not to post verbatim CMEG emails, just share their relevant communications in your own words. While we can discuss whether disclaimers in email signatures are legally meaningless or legally binding, we at BBT want to be respectful of those disclaimers.

Message added by Robert H

How do we change the route?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
People that spend their time telling others what can't be done only annoy those of us out there doing it.

On 6/3/2019 at 5:45 PM, Carlos M. said:

Hey,

Yes I will be trying this tomorrow. Looking forward to the great rates and checking how great the execution is. 

Thanks. 

Hello Carlos and Community members:

Would you kindly take a minute to compare and contrast offerings between Alliance and CMEG?  While I can understand the most basic differences, I’d still appreciate your help in understanding some fine lines and long term partnership recommendation for offshore brokers. 

Thank you!

On 6/4/2019 at 6:59 PM, Skye said:

How do we change the route?

Hello community

Same, could not see this route in the list, mb abbreviation is different? 

The route is just a limit order.  So if you choose limit during market hours, on your live account, it will show up in your orders window as LAMP route.  So basically you have to set it and wait for the price to hit your limit order.  At least that's how I've gotten it so far.  Not sure how to get into and out of the trade with it using hotkeys.  Maybe some can set that up?

Hey everyone, 

Hope you are having a nice weekend so far. 

When CMEG mentions using the SMART LAMP route. They are referring to "MARKET" or "LIMIT" from your Montage or for your Hotkey scripts. I tested the route this entire week and it has been really good no issues and fills are really quick. I traded both long and short positions, sold and covered and no issues. What the platform will do is when you select "MARKET" or "LIMIT" as the route, it will route your order via "LAMP". 

You are not going to see "LAMP" on your script or on the montage but if you check the Trade window you will see the order was sent via the "LAMP" route. 

The video below is an actual example of a short order for a stock on SSR. I had to wait for my order to get filled which is normal if you are sitting on the ASK, but the overall execution was amazing. Notice in realtime how fast I was able to get filled and get out before that nasty squeeze. Hope this helps, please feel free to send me over any questions you might have. 

Thanks.

image.png

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

Regarding the new CMEG "SMART LAMP" route I changed my hotkeys' routing to either LIMIT or MARKET for buy/sell as Carlos suggested in the previous post. However, for setting a stop loss or range order I have used "ROUTE=STOP, StopType=Market/Trailing/Range" until now (depending on type of the stop loss). Should I change my stop loss hotkeys' routing to use the "SMART LAMP" route also when the stop loss triggers, or can I keep it like it is (i.e. ROUTE=STOP)? Thanks in advance for your help.

CMEG charging me every commission for every fills. I bought 100 shares of stock and it gets filled 3 times and I get charged 3 times commission. The same goes when selling shares. Funnily enough, this only happened a couple of weeks after my account activation on June 10th. Sometimes they charge me $1 per order sometimes $3.50. I can't quite figure out their commission structure. Furthermore, I don't get charge for software and market data fee after my account activated as claimed by the previous reviewer. I only get charged this on July 01st. 

I spoke to a few people who did a review about them on Youtube and they were confused about this. I sent them an email yesterday and today they sent me an automated email stating that the ticket is closed. I didn't receive any response. Very spooky. Anyone else experiencing this?

Strange, I've been with them for a while, have never seen any of that. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
People that spend their time telling others what can't be done only annoy those of us out there doing it.

@Skye  What is your average commission + fees round trip (buy or sell, vice versa) that you observe?  How many shares do you typically purchase per ticket?

It's right about $0.60 per ticket, so $1.20 round trip, and I true it up every week so I know that's what I'm getting.  As a Bearbull member you should be getting that price. My share will vary depending on risk but pretty low. Anywhere from 25 or so to 400. I do get split fills sometimes but like I said, haven't seen that issue.

@Skye Wow 1.20 round trip? That is surprisingly good.  How did you get your commission so low?  As a Bearbull member, I thought each ticket was 2.99 in commission, which is supposed to be the special deal that we get. 

Edited by kroniclesking

Ahh. This thread, just above your post, see the stuff about using their SMART route. You need to contact them & tell them you want to use it.