TheKbSb

Karl's Journal - TheKbSb

Hi,

I will post some of my journal here, I already have a personnal journal system that I use on a reagular basis so I won't be posting every trades, but I'll do my best to post the most relevant (very good or ugly ones).
Also, my job situation doesn't allow me to trade everyday yet, so I would not have something to post everyday anyway...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Been daytrading for 4 years now partial time, started really strong, in penny stocks (yeah.. count me in.. another one), had great days, but without blowing my account ended up loosing at the end.
Reallity is, if I wasn't risk adverse by nature, I would have blown up during that phase.

Been in 3 or 4 different trading room before BBT. Started to trade higher-priced stocks about 1.5 years ago, trying to re-learn, re-wire my brain vs what I have learned in the pennystock world. (a lot of room pumping-dumping, or really fast execution on 5 cents move, 20k shares.. you see the picture). Not my style.

-During my first 2-3 years, I wasn't realizing it, but those losses and having the wrong trading process slowly affected my confidence.

That lack of confidence had me looking at the market without trading during days, weeks, even an entire month last summer.(I wasn't triggering) Good thing is, since I wasn't taking trades during the day, I was using my ToS OnDemand simulator to practice at night to slowly rebuild my mindset.

Nowadays, I take more trades (even sometimes too many) I will have red and green days, but I really need to be able to align more green days in a row in order to make this as a living. At least, I feel that things are moving forward again. One step at a time. Most of my trading errors are now things that I can pin-point, and they repeat themselves, so it's easier to work on them.

@Andrew Aziz trading mentallity/ability and  book helped me a lot more recently, I realised I was trying too many patterns, trying to be creative instead of beeing systematic. I now put my focus on 2 "patterns": ORBs and ABCDs ,that's it. It going better.

Just though it would be nice to explain where I come from, maybe some of you could relate to this. 

Don't hesitate to throw in ideas, or if you see something in my trading, I'm really open new ideas/opinions in order to get better.

Thanks,

Karl

Edited by TheKbSb
Forum is public, some part was about my actual job, I wanted this to remain private
  • Like 2

For my first post, here's my journal setup:

1. I use TraderView free, won't show it, you know what's it's all about. I use it for basic stats.. I don't like the graph.. it's like win95 , but sure does the job.

2. Evernote, I found it's really easy to use, accessible from everywhere. Really like the tagging system. Here's some of what I do, the idea was taken from another room's trade mod, but I personalized it to my taste you can do the same:

-Tag system, I tag all my trades, date, setup, results

Tag1.PNG.35949c676d13e1fe7408525b00e88f75.PNG

-Once it's tagged, I can pull all the trades I made on a stock, see if some patterns repeats themselves or even if I do the same mistakes on the same stocks.

Tag2.PNG.2ca696e5257edd275d6339f72b4ec608.PNG

-I sort all my patterns, comments, win, loss, what mistakes, by tagging them, I see the repetitiveness of them.

Tag3.PNG.1da6e6c6bf17af3915fdc5ba5f567d78.PNG

-I add a comment of the day that I review before starting my days, just couple of points not to forget... things that I do or not do.

Tag4.PNG.215126effcdea82b45c64d88cc2845f5.PNG

Thanks!

Karl

Side note.. I know there is the same kind of tagging system in TraderView... I use it there too.. I just prefer the Evernote interface + writing/drawing on pictures. It's a preference not a functionnality thing.

For now I'm using ToS for live market and TradeZero for trading, so I put my trades manually on my ToS charts for review.

Edited by TheKbSb

Here's a trade I did on AMD last week.

Trade 1: Took long for reversal to VWAP, no new 5 or 1 min low +5 min opened over the previous one,  expected a continuation, didn't take any profits,  reversed, got out b/e.  Was making 10 cents on the trade. Trading mistake on the exit part.

Trade 2: VWAP rejected, ABCD short (or lower high under VWAP), 5 mins, a little late on the execution, wanted to get in right when the 5 mins started lower. got out quick because I though I was late on the entry, went down further. Should have been a partial. no reason to fully get out.

image.thumb.png.b4747d4cf236669f4c5e7cfb8b87c0d7.png

• Like 1

Days like this..

Market openend, around 9:40 some delevery guy bangs on my door.. by the time I'm back, $MU sold off, rejection candle, + under VWAP, as soon as the 5 mins openend again bellow the previous one, the 15 mins was breaking down too,  got in short. Again, thought I was late, got everything out instead of partial on the big green candle on the 1 mins chart. No reason to not stay in looking at the 5 and 15.

image.thumb.png.93ada5db8a1fc68c63f2f36646ac9f3b.png

• Like 3

Part 2

Took one last trade on $AAPL, had to re-record.. but here we go! Thanks! Also, I've put my arrows before recording so it's quicker since I took more trades then usual.. less exponation on each too.. I try not to go over 10 mins for a trade recap vid..

Ok day.. considering I'm 2/5.. managed to end green, but small red with the fees... I try to keep it under 10 mins.. so sorry if sometimes I cut the explaining part short.. 

Also, was at work today, so I had to make calls and etc.. so watched when I was able to.

Edited by TheKbSb
  • Like 2

Green, red with fees.

Didn't respect my plan today, would have worked, so this is the positive side... need to trust myself more, seems that I'm taking good trades or having the good analysis, but lacking execution. Will try to really follow my plan this month. See you Friday.

• Like 1