Abiel

Bear Bull Traders FAQ

These are some of the frequently asked questions in the chatroom. Most of them are things very easy to do once you get used to BBT and DAS Trader Pro, but for newcomers very often they are like mysteries... so I put togheter this FAQ in order to help onboarding of newcomers.

Also, please use the search function of the forum, it is getting better and better with lots of useful info.

====================CHAT / TECHNICAL ISSUES====================

I Can't log in Classroom / Chatroom, error: “Problem accessing webinar”

Please ensure you have entered a Last Name in your Account Profile

I can’t see or type in the Chat.

Please try reloading the chat using the 'Refresh' icon on the top right.

Can I access the Chat from a mobile device?

Yes. Access the chat link from your phone.

====================MEMBERSHIP PLANS====================

How to become a member?

Choose your PLAN here

What's Included in the Basic Plan?

The Basic Plan provides you with access to our Live Chatroom, as well as some basic lessons and learning resources.

What's Included in the Plus Plan?

The Plus Plan provides you with access to our Live Chatroom, unlimited access to advanced classes and lessons, Andrew’s Trade Ideas Scanner Settings, and his DAS hotkeys and layouts files.

What's Included in the Pro Plan?

The Pro Plan provides you with access to our Live Chatroom, unlimited access to advanced classes and lessons, Andrew’s Trade Ideas Scanner Settings, and his DAS hotkeys and layouts files. Lastly, it includes 3 months of DAS Simulator. The simulator includes real-time charts, Level 2 data, and historical data. You are always welcome to sign-up for the Plus Plan and purchase DAS directly from their website.

Is Trade Ideas included in the membership plans?

Andrew shares his Trade Ideas Scanner settings with Plus and Pro members. Click here to subscribe to your own Trade Ideas Plan. Use discount code VANCOUVER15 for a 15% discount.

Where can I find Andrew's Trade Ideas layout?

https://www.bearbulltraders.com/tidownload/

Where's Andrew’s Hot key File and DAS Trader Pro Layout?

https://www.bearbulltraders.com/downloadfiles/

How do I upgrade membership from monthly to annual?

Make sure you are already logged into your account. Once you are logged in, simply go to the Membership page then click on the button for the ANNUAL plan. This will cancel your monthly membership and renew you as an annual student.

How to I cancel my membership?

Make sure you are logged into the site and go to My Membership Details. You will see the link to cancel your membership under the membership details section at the top.

Are there other payment options besides PayPal (credit card, etc.)?

Please contact the Bear Bull Traders Team directly regarding this inquiry.

====================CHAT ROOM====================

Are Andrew’s trades actionable; can I mirror or copy Andrew?

Andrew calls out 90% of the trades that he takes and you can see him as he trades live. However, it’s not recommended that anybody just mirror trade what Andrew does as that can get you into trouble. Andrew discusses before the market opens his stocks in play and what levels he is looking for. Once the market opens, he will trade them accordingly, and will sometimes trade a stock that comes up on the scanner. You definitely don’t want to mirror trade without having an understanding first because you will definitely blow up your account!

What is the timeline/format of the chat? What occurs every day in the chat?

The Live Chatroom allows you to follow along with Andrew every morning. A typical day consists of:

-Andrew’s screenshare, including Trade Ideas Scanner

-9 AM EST: Watchlist build (past recordings are available on YouTube)

-9:30 to 11 AM EST: Trade the Market Open with Andrew, and possibly midday

-Andrew records his daily recap, and discusses his strategies and thought process on every trade--both winners and losers (also available on YouTube)

-Open discussion with other chat members and traders until 4:00 PM EST

-Lots of learning, and more importantly--lots of fun!

Can I get access to the daily chat log?

The daily chat logs are accessible in the Private Members subforum here.

====================CLASSES====================

What’s included in the Live classes, both Basic and Advanced?

The live classes discuss various chart patterns as well as the technique and strategies that Andrew uses. He does discuss where you would take an entry and where your profit targets should be set based on the technical on the chart. The Advanced lessons are the classes as well as a few extra videos like how to read level 2. The basic classes just discuss how to setup your DAS platform. For free class outlines, please visit https://www.bearbulltraders.com/class/ and download the PDFs.

What is the difference between live class and recordings?

Live class and recording content is quite similar, but class material is constantly being updated. Since the content doesn’t change much, the recordings aren’t weekly but every few months. Attending live classes provides the added benefit of asking questions and getting answers directly from Andrew.

Where can I access class recordings?

Please visit the Members Area and login to your account. On the left side under ‘Premium Resources’ (you may need to scroll down a bit), you will see links to the different class videos. After clicking on a link, a page will load that has a video player on it that you can watch the full class.

When is the next live class?

Go to the Bear Bull Traders Home Page and scroll down to the calendar, click in the days marked in red.

====================TRADING BASICS====================

Bears, bulls, is this a zoo? No it is´nt. There is a terminology every trader must understand, you can look up trading / investing terms in investopedia.com dictionary

Shares outstanding vs floating stock: What's the difference?

Shares outstanding and floating stock are different measures of the shares of a particular stock. Shares outstanding is the total amount of shares that are held by all its shareholders. Conversely, floating stock is the number of shares that are available for trading of a stock. When looking up in finviz.com look at Shs Float. More: Shares outstanding vs floating stock: What's the difference?

What is Short Selling Restriction/SSR?

Short Selling Restriction https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/shortsalerule.asp

What is the Pattern Day Trade Rule (PDT Rule)?

According to a U.S Government regulation called Pattern Day Trade, the U.S. residents will need a minimum of $25,000 in their account for active day trading. Therefore, the U.S-based brokers (such as Interactive Brokers or SpeedTrader) will enforece this rule for all U.S. residents. You can read further about the “Pattern Day Trade” regulation here.

I work full-time. Is day trading possible?

Day Trading is a full-time career, and it is usually hard to mix it with another full-time career. I recommend do not bother if you are to busy with your current job.

Day Trading really requires full attention in order to become successful. The best hours of the market are from 9:30-11 AM EST. The simulator will have live market data during the pre-market and normal market hours which end at 4 PM EST. If the market isn’t open, you won’t have anything other than historical data available in the simulator. If you are considering Day Trading, I would recommend checking out Andrew’s classes to start. If you feel you will be able to dedicate enough time, then sign up for the chatroom and the simulator. You can also view many of Andrew’s free videos on YouTube to get an idea of what we look for when the market in open. If you are stuck working full time, it may be a good idea to learn about swing trading then move over into Day Trading when you are able to dedicate enough time to it. TradingSim has market replays where you can paper trade historical data.

There is an on-line Earnings Calendar? 

Yes, you can check Earnings Whispers Calendar HERE

====================BROKERS====================

Which broker is best for me?

It depends. See Andrew's thorough write-up on brokers and visit our Day Trading Brokers subforum to see what the community is saying.

====================DAS TRADER PRO====================

What is DAS Trader Pro?

Is a trading execution platform with advanced order types, charting, and multi-account management in a real-time environment. DAS Trader Pro is not a broker. You'll need a broker in order to trade with DAS Trader Pro.

How do I get started in DAS?

Make sure to visit our DAS Trader Pro FAQ. It is a reference list containing links to the most commonly asked questions.

How can I learn DAS Trader Pro basics?

Class 1: DAS OnBoarding and How to Trade in a Simulator and YouTube video from DAS TRADER PRO - DEMO Tutorial.

I entered my password incorrectly too many times and am locked out of DAS.

Unfortunately, we are unable to reset your account. Please contact DAS Support or e-mail them at support@dastrader.com.

My DAS keeps cutting out or I am having other technical difficulties.

Please contact DAS Support or e-mail them at support@dastrader.com.

====================DAS TRADER SIMULATOR====================

Where can I suscribe for DAS Trader Pro SIMULATOR?

Get BBT PRO Membership for three months or get it from DAS in a monthly basis: DAS Trader Pro Simulator

Where’s my Simulator? How do I access the DAS Simulator?

If you just purchased the Pro plan, you will receive an email directly from Andrew asking you several questions about setting up your DAS simulator account. If you do not receive an email from Andrew, please let us know!

Can I start my DAS Simulator at another time?

You can start with the PRO plan and just delay your start-time in the simulator. When you sign up for the Pro plan (with simulator access), you will receive an email asking you when you wish to start using the simulator. With that said, you can take your time with the classes and once you feel more comfortable, you can start the simulator access.

What happens after my 3 months Simulator is over and I’m not ready to do real trading?

You can purchase another 3-month simulator package through Bear Bull Traders, or on a monthly basis from DAS directly .

How do I use Andrew's DAS Trader Pro Layout?

Upon successful installation, your software opens a default desktop screen when you log on. If you want to open a desired desktop screen after you have logged on, go to “FILE” on the menu bar, left click your mouse on “Open Desktop” from the dropdown menu, then double click on the desktop screen file you want to open it. A desktop screen file has the extension “.dsk”. Make sure to save the desktop before closing your DAS If not all the work you did creating your layout will not be saved next time.

How do I use Andrew's Hot keys file in DAS Trader?

Go to Setup and select Hot Key. Go to BROWSE, select the file "hotkey.htk" provided by BBT and click open.

How do I login to my DAS simulator account on DAS Mobile App?

For Firm ID, enter DEMO and use your regular DAS User ID and Password.

Fantastic post, Abiel! This should be super helpful for newcomers.

Go to MEMBERS AREA > CHATROOM ACCESS, before market opens...

Abiel, as a BBT newbie I really appreciate this post. Thank you! Before I make a mess in the forum,  is there a specific thread to ask trading/strategy questions? Do members help each other with trades? To be more specific, I'm journaling my trades and would love to post a chart screenshot and get other traders' feedback on where I went wrong with a specific trade.

Edited by Invictus

22 hours ago, Invictus said:

Abiel, as a BBT newbie I really appreciate this post. Thank you! Before I make a mess in the forum,  is there a specific thread to ask trading/strategy questions? Do members help each other with trades? To be more specific, I'm journaling my trades and would love to post a chart screenshot and get other traders' feedback on where I went wrong with a specific trade.

Welcome @Invictus!

In the Day Trading forum we have these sections:

Day Trading Strategies => Most members use this forum to ask feedback about their trades

Day Trading Journals => Many members keep a trading journal here