Lucy L

DAS Level 2 Data different from IB's ?!!

Hi guys,

Just joined the community for a try out (started day trading 2 months ago). Always wanted to be part of the BBT the community cause I got so many things to learn (and so many questions)!

I'm currently using Mac TWS and also trying on DAS on Parallel (before I make the decision to commit fully to PC and DAS). I have noticed the Level 2 sizes data on Das is at most times smaller than the data on IB. Screenshots attached (top DAS, bottom IB).

I have contacted DAS's support and their reply is DAS 's L2 is "different". After insisting for more info they came back with an answer: DAS doesn't have some books such as BATS...

This is news to me and I'm wondering if it's true. And if so, how much impact could it affect trading results?

Screenshot 2019-06-17 at 10.36.42 PM.png

Screenshot 2019-06-17 at 10.20.21 PM.png

Screenshot 2019-06-17 at 10.37.57 PM.png

Edited by leafvert
Image upload

Level 2 is really an alias to order book for different exchanges> In DAS you will get NYSE and NSDAQ but you have to ask for them to add ARCA. I think AMEX, BX and BATS are not there, not 100% sure. 

So is Lv2 still 100% meaningful without AMEX, BX and BATS.. ? I'm still learning to read the Level 2 data...

On 6/17/2019 at 9:22 PM, Lucy L said:

So is Lv2 still 100% meaningful without AMEX, BX and BATS.. ? I'm still learning to read the Level 2 data...

Great question, i assume they include more orders so it is better but das has the most important

On 6/17/2019 at 9:22 PM, Lucy L said:

i don't believe the difference will affect you trading decision.