Carlos M.

Workshop Wednesday are here!

Hey everyone,

As you already might be aware we kicked off our first live "Workshop Wednesday" this week with the Topic Trading a Small account. We have plenty of more scheduled for the following weeks. These will be held every Wednesday at noon EST in our Classroom chatroom. Check your Dashboard calendar to see what topic is next. If you missed it no worries, we do have it recorded and available for you in the Education Center under Workshop Wednesday! 

image.png.e826615abaac33972c38aea081551c8f.png

We have a few exciting topics like Hotkeys, Journaling your Trades and Trading Rules scheduled but we want to hear from you what you are interested in having a live discussion. Feel free to post it here or also email it to [email protected]

Thanks!

• Like 4

How about overall money management -- not per individual trade.  Maybe the better term is stack management?  Cash management?  I would love to hear views on how to manage one's overall pile of cash.  I have some ideas I've been fleshing out over the months of learning to day trade (long term investor/swing trader), but would love to know what others have found that worked and didn't work.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2019 at 6:54 AM, NinjaTrader007 said:

Configuring scanners...going over the important variables and implementing them in TI would be something of interest. This may be a more advanced topic though....at the most basic level going over the current scanners Andrew set up for the community in more depth explaining how and why they were configured in a certain way.

That's on my to-do list for August!  Stay tuned and keep your eye on the calendar!

• Like 2

On 7/3/2019 at 1:04 PM, nonoruns said:

How about overall money management -- not per individual trade.  Maybe the better term is stack management?  Cash management?  I would love to hear views on how to manage one's overall pile of cash.  I have some ideas I've been fleshing out over the months of learning to day trade (long term investor/swing trader), but would love to know what others have found that worked and didn't work.

This is a really good and important topic. We will get something together on this for August. Thanks!

• Like 2

Carlos Could we go over .......IN DETAIL, IN DETAIL, the EXCEL hotkey spread sheet produced by Kyle,  version 1.46 was the last one I think.

It is potentially very powerful for members but I think we, members need to understand the DETAILS to really appreciate the power behind this tool.

A workshop would be ideal so different members can be walked through one or two of the individuals hotkey needed and build it infront of us.  Members should come prepared with a list of hotkeys they want scripted. That would be progress.  Remember I say DETAIL not skim the surface, detail builds confidence in manipulating HotKeys.

AM

• Like 1

On 7/14/2019 at 4:04 PM, Alastair Mowatt said:

Carlos Could we go over .......IN DETAIL, IN DETAIL, the EXCEL hotkey spread sheet produced by Kyle,  version 1.46 was the last one I think.

It is potentially very powerful for members but I think we, members need to understand the DETAILS to really appreciate the power behind this tool.

A workshop would be ideal so different members can be walked through one or two of the individuals hotkey needed and build it infront of us.  Members should come prepared with a list of hotkeys they want scripted. That would be progress.  Remember I say DETAIL not skim the surface, detail builds confidence in manipulating HotKeys.

AM

Hey AM, 

Yes, we will do this for sure. Let us put something together on this. 

• Like 1

Hey all the BBT family, first of all i would like to say how great the Wednesday workshop classes are, i'm learning more and more every week and would like  to thank all  moderators for all the work their putting it, its not going to waste.

Not sure if your doing requests but my motto is if you don't ask then you don't get 😀.

I would like to suggest some Wednesday workshop classes that I would like to see, which will hopefully benefit all of us in the community:

At the moment i'm trying to master Brian's double bottom/top reversal strategy, I see this appearing most days and the risk:reward makes it worth it, so i was hoping Brian could take time out of his busy schedule  to do a class on his reversal strategy.        I think If he could share all the valuable experience that he has trading this strategy with us it would be much appreciated, for instance  when this strategy is most likely to succeed/fail and his thought process when he sees this setup appearing .

At the moment my trading price range  out of the watch-list is between $20 and $100, i struggle to trade any high price stocks as i'm unsure how they trade on a day to day basis and the high price does scare me, so if Norm could do a classes on trading the regular high price stock which he trades daily like: NVDA, FB, APPL and ROKU. If he could share the strategies he uses and the Risk:reward position that he takes i think it would benefit all of us  in the community. 

Keep up all the good work, I've been a member for a year now and hopefully many more years to come.

thanks ANTHONY_UK

• Like 1

Hey Antony, thanks for the feedback and the answer is YES, we are open to suggestions on topics you guys want to hear about. We encourage everyone to give us things they want us to discuss in future Workshops. 

Brian is working on putting something together on this. He is traveling a few days this month so in talks with him, he is looking to get something up for us in October. 

Looking forward to it myself as he is really good with these strategies. 

Thanks for the suggestion!