RyanP

Saving chart setup?

I am having problems with my charts saving and reopening correctly. 

All my chart settings stay when reopening desktop except for premarket high and low lines and 9 & 20 moving averages. I save the chart settings to default each time after changing them to what I wanted, I also save desktop as my default setting every time I close out of DAS but it never keeps those 4 settings. It keeps everything else. I always have to click on each chart every morning and open up the saved from default chart settings every day to reload only those 4 missing settings. 

Any idea why they won't save to the overall desktop saved settings? 

Edited by RyanP

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I put the studies I want in the right side “studies in chart” and select commit. They are there on the chart for the rest of the day. I save desktop afterwards replacing the old file but they revert back to other things when I reopen the saved desktop the next day, like different moving average numbers I don’t want. Example 4 and 15 sma show up in studies when I saved 9 and 20 EMA. 

It’s weird. I have just gotten use to clicking each chart every morning and opening up the saved version to get what I want but I know this isn’t right and it’s a waste of time. It should reopen all my charts to what I saved automatically I would think. Every once in a while it works as it should. The rest of the time it does what I described above. 

Not sure if there is some setting somewhere I am missing? I was having similar problems with my saved desktop opening up weird for a while with chart placement all messed up on my external monitor and that just magically fixed itself one day and hasn’t done it since but this issue is ongoing. My computer is brand new only used for trading. 

Edited by RyanP