Thor

What do you look for in a Trading Chat Room?

Hello BBT Family,

I've been trading now for a little under a year and must admit I've only been with Bear Bull Traders from the beginning. After reading Andrew's book I tried the room out, liked it, and never looked back. Now that I'm approaching a year. I thought it would be a fun topic to see what everyone else was looking for in a chat room when they came to Bear Bull Traders. Your experience can be from any chatroom, actually I'd really enjoy hearing about other rooms as well, however please no negative stuff. Just looking specifically for things that drew you in to a particular room.

For example: One of the things that drew me to BBT was the structure of that Chat. I like that they have a premarket show, then Andrew trades the open for all the opening range traders, then other moderators with varied trading strengths come on throughout the day to help during specific time frames. So I knew I'd have activity and guidance all day.

Hope you all enjoy the topic. And stay Green.

Thor Young - Lifetime Member @ BBT

Edited by Thor
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Thor for posting it. I am keen to learn about these. Although most people probably are part of bear bull traders, but it is interesting to know what are the criteria for the best trading chat room? 

What are the other communities doing well that we can do better?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thor, we are glad you chose Bear Bull Traders! I would also like to encourage traders to give feedback on this topic. I know there are many other trading chat rooms available to all of us traders. Whether you have researched other rooms, joined for a trial period of had been members for any significant length of time, we would love to hear any insights you have so we can improve your experience here with us at Bear Bull Traders.

When I was first starting out trading, I joined a couple different rooms, and found things that fit my trading personality in all the communities I found, but there were also major drawbacks from the type or securities traded, live trading support, educational content and the overall environment of the room.  So again, will love to hear what you all think about this topic.

Edited by WilliamH
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I read Andrew's book and actually meant to join Bear and Bull Traders, but I accidentally joined the bullish bears trade room. The names sounded very similar and I was so new to things that I had no idea how many trade rooms there actually were. So I rolled with it. 

Bullish Bears What I liked:

• They discussed options in real time.  My only experience with options was for exams and this was different. There were several very astute, veteran, technical traders that impressed me. 
  • I learned a lot about psychology, especially because the majority of trading was focused on penny stocks. These can be a nightmare to trade but really have some powerful price action to learn from. By seeing such an extreme representation of the market, I am really able to appreciate less manipulated price action.
  • Really nice people. I felt a lot of love and respect their.
    • Except once- this guy blew up and went nuclear in the chat room. He was promptly removed. 
    • They always answered my specific questions and commented/discussed my market calls. I guess I was there long enough to make some good ones so a small group notices that. 
      • Small group allows for more individualized attention and you don't get lost in the flow. 
  • I respect that the group emphasized that they were not interested in orchestrating pump and dumps. (not commenting on the actual ability to make those happen).
  • Met a trader that I brought over to BBT with me and we communicate daily. 

Could Be Better:

•  I could tell the moderators wanted to discuss mu/amd/aapl/options more- but catered to their audience (largely rookie penny stock traders looking for a cheap chat room to give them an edge). So the result was, they were talking about penny stocks, but actually taking options trades on AAPL/AMD/ROKU/MU etc in their accounts.
    • No live trading shown at all. 
    • Feels like they could maximize their gifts and teaching by expressing themselves through the trades they are really passionate about. 
  • A lot of the technical charts they were showing us were so overwhelming with so many indicators and colors. It was unreadable and I couldn't maximize it. 
    • Ultimately, the way they were teaching things beyond the basics was just not my style. 
    • I did not find the video library very useful since it kind of catered towards heavy indicator usage and crowded charts. It may be good for options or swing trading. 

Warrior Trading

Observations. Trial of 7 days.

• Ross Cameron feels genuine to me and I think his story is inspiring. Lose it all down to your socks and rise up from the ashes like a Phoenix. 
  • I don't want to be disrespectful, but this is my feeling- pure pump and dump with guru leadership. 
  • At one point things were not really working out for him so he just called out a totally RANDOM (not discussed at all in premarket. 0 mention of it on any watchlists I noted) $1 stock with no prior action and a TINY float and it immediately spiked and he was like ok i made my profit.
    • Honestly -using great speed, I think I could make money following this guy because he has such clout in moving the market, but I would never feel in control of my destiny.
  • I am not sure I learned anything to actually use in my trading though I did not have access to their course materials.
  • Warrior Pro costs $7000. 
  • Conclusion: Not my thing.

Investors Underground

• I never joined the chat but I studied a lot of Nate Michaud's materials and I really appreciated the price level trading he did. It was simple and beautiful and so graceful in identifying the backside of moves. 
  • I did not join because the chat was all sorts of hectic. It was just constant comments like "PLUG is at all time highs, ww"...."DRYS out of gas, covered @4.50." Not very cohesive. 
    • Like a rough rider, let's trade whatever is moving type of feel
  • Pricey at around 2000/year being the best value option. 

Bear and Bull Traders

I initially joined BBT for a trial a while ago because Andrew's book left a powerful mark on the beginner me. Unfortunately (for me), I was still enamored with penny stocks so I went back to bullish bears.

I Joined BBT Lifetime because: 

• I could not find a true  consistent edge in trading penny stocks (aka. I lost a bunch of cash trying).
  • Andrew's trading is inspiring.
    • He is genuine. He expresses when he is tired and he gets mad at himself when he over trades or gets chopped up (which is not often).
      • Seeing/Hearing a real professional trader go through some of the same emotions that I do is reassuring and comforting. 
  • The Style of trading fits my own...and it is such that I will improve it with more screen time. 
  • There are moderators talking trade for most of the day.
    • I can literally sit there all day and practice trading different styles and learning from various people in real time. 
  • There are trade recaps live and then posted on youtube. 
  • Moderators and people in the COMMUNITY are very helpful and receptive.
    • So many quality individuals that are looking to share and help others succeed!
  • Cost efficient
  • Most people are using the same Das Trader platform. We are all speaking the same language. 

Hope this helps guys! I look forward to getting to know you and making consistent profits with BBT

Edited by Bo Trailblazor
convoluted nonsense
  • Like 4

For me, it's not so much the chatroom and all the services they offer, but moreso, the people within it.  I believe one of the most important parts of a chatroom is to have people participating who are willing to share their experiences and offer mentorship to those who are just starting/struggling.  You can call out stocks to trade all day long, but unless traders understand WHY it's being called out, it doesn't really do anyone any long term favors.  Sure, you can take the same trades as a more experienced trader, and you might make some money -- but making money following another does not make you a successful trader.

That's one of the reasons I prefer BBT over a few other chatrooms I've been in.  Andrew and Co. are not only willing, but INSIST on teaching strategies, psychology, etc. to the new/struggling traders and they almost force you to become educated.  Oh, and did I mention he doesn't charge me an arm and a leg to learn from him? 😉

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This topic gives an opportunity to share our experiences or may be even expectations for any new additions to be considered for trade room. Waiting to read more on this! As I have not been with any other trading communities before, so I can't compare. Can share my experience with BBT Trade Room, though it’s been only 2 months with BBT-Lifetime in my 3 months of day trading experience which started by reading Andrew's both the books(these are not just words in the air as we hear it a lot) I started trading LIVE directly by just reading those books alone, applying the strategies explained and observing the patterns. Not going for any other day trading books till I expertise in those strategies and techniques explained in those books. Consistency is very important for me as I am planning to extend day trading for living. Andrew always say- you don’t need to know each and every strategy, where there are hundreds or thousands of those (which may take full life time to experiment and gain expertise in all those, so no more time left for living lol). Once you find the strategies you understand well (as it differs from person to person, depending on their analytical background) and feel comfortable applying those successfully on a smaller share size and later increase as you build your psychology. Later you may try new strategies or trading approaches etc…

Trade Room- I feel it is in a very structured manner based on how the day trading flows in a day and meet everyone’s trading related needs and support. I personally felt overwhelming the first month after joining BBT with all the information, different trading styles etc….Just finding your spot is all needed.

Below is how I look at the structure which starts with:

Carlo's Pre-Market Show- Finding range of stocks that are gaped up/down and are in play for that day and setting up support/resistance levels and quick news highlights. With the range of stocks starting from low, mid to higher price range to support all different levels of groups in the community.

Andrew’s Golden Hour Show- With all his positive energy and his quick trades sharing live and being open to share his P/L(result of the process he goes thru), wakes up everyone in the AM.( Caffeine free lol..)

Norm's Golf Trading Show- With his high price stock trading style, supporting those groups is amazing.

Peter's Mid-Day Show- As he balances between mid to higher price range with mid-day reversal strategies till closing of the market, which supports those groups is fascinating.

Brian's Swing Trades Discussion on Mondays- With his great knowledge and experience on trading, It not only supports ST group, also gives others a perspective of general understanding on stocks from different sectors play with variations and etc…

William's Trade reviews (everyone’s favorite) and Robert’s outstanding support with his type of trends/wedges strategies and his support on DAS platform thru the forums is amazing.  

Besides all those the member’s sharing trade reviews on YouTube are great learning.

Outside of the day trading there could be more to explore/expand on Swing, Options puts/calls etc…which is beyond the scope of my knowledge.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I have been a member of several chat rooms including a previous tour with this chat group prior to the name change. I left this group originally because I was a new trader and found Andrew's style was not working for me (My issues, not Andrew's). I had read Andrew's first book and was drawn to day trading but was not finding success with the opening range type plays. At the time, I was still uncertain about my preferred style and markets. I had my journey through the wilderness, and eventually started to become more consistent, utilizing both swing and day trades. I started watching BearBull Trader videos on YouTube again, and found a lot of content that resonated with me and so I decided to join up again. While I still trade opening ABCD and ORB type patterns, I have a preference for reversal/reversion patterns.  

For myself, the most beneficial parts of the membership are:

1. Educational content:  The educational content on YouTube was a big reason why I decided to join the group again. I was impressed by how the contributor list had grown since I first tried the group, and the contributors were knowledgeable and professional. I especially like the emphasis on building your own style and paying close attention to risk management. Also, shout out to Robert H and his rants series. Very well done and something that all newer traders should watch.

2. Pre-Market Analysis: The current pre-market show is excellent, and I like that it starts an hour before the open. Too many rooms only start in the last half hour, and that makes everything feel more rushed. I build my own lists as I am listening, and then compare my list with the presenters. 

3. Real-Time Pattern Alerts: While I do not follow trades that others will call out, I do try to listen as the presenter calls out  indications that stock XYZ is starting to set-up in a particular pattern. This allows me time to investigate for myself.

4. Forums: I think there is a lot to gain by having structured forums for traders to ask categorized questions, rather than expecting the questions to be answered in chat. A lot of rooms do not have forums (or they are under utilized). I was happy to see the BearBull forums are getting used.

5. It is rare to find a room where members are so encouraged to engage and instruct. I have only been a member for a short time, but find the recaps and educational content presented by other members to be very good. It is great to hear about their personal journey's, styles, and strategies.

I think BearBull Traders is doing a great job of building community. Many groups try to  incorporate more markets (e.g. futures and options) and trading styles to the mix in order to gain members, but I would not personally advocate for that. I like that the group has a shared focus and find that groups which try to serve to many trading styles often do not serve any of them very well. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Great questions Thor;

While I have looked at other communities, I like this community because they educate us all on a daily basis as a positive note.  On the other side I like BBT bc they are not trying to sell us stuff all the time.  Other communities are in the sales business and are constantly trying to sell members their stuff, programs and materials.  I think Andrew is an authentic person, and his support staff is also genuine!  The community is constantly growing, expanding and getting better on a daily basis.  In my notes, I have a section labeled: what I learned today and most days I pick up at least one new tidbit from the community.  Thank you!!

I am in this community to LEARN!  I want to learn and become a better trader every day and I believe this community (BBT) is the best place for me to be on a daily basis.  Keep up the good work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

I look forward for Premarket show with Carlos and Norm.

Brian's great insights of the market, swing ideas, and calm relaxing approach to a day trading. 

Andrew's knowledge, and awesome trading with a precise risk management.

Peter's, William's , Robert's, Kurt's thanks for sharing knowledge and experience. I love your educational videos.  

I would add a chart voting for premarket watchlist!!!

Thanks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So many answers above have me nodding my head in agreement. The highlight of BBT to me is different styles of trading through the moderators.  I love the "interactive radio" piece of each day via chat.  I can just listen; I can choose to comment if I have the time. One suggestion I have (and hey, you may already have it!) is bios of the moderators, including each one's trading style.  

I am mostly a swing trader, but do occasionally/accidentally day trade. 😁  I credit those happy accidents to what I'm learning here. 

• Like 2

I have zero experience in day trading, but am desirous to learn. I started off taking online classes in order to better understand the glossary of terms and basic strategies. I read Andrews book and began poking around in the community resources - the classes, the chat rooms. Thus far the experience has been an invaluable learning experience. I would have never been able to crack the software set ups, nor been able to simulate the strategies I have read about without seeing the strategies traded in real time. If you are starting off in day trading I believe this is the right place to go. In the last three months I have learned an incredible amount.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finding a chatroom/community fit is a very personal decision. Does a room match your objectives and trading style enough to spend the time there on a daily basis. For me, I was looking for and found the following in BBT:

Camaraderie - Like minded, but diverse group of traders that never fails to put a smile on my face.

Insight - Live trade reviews, pattern recognition, market movements, ticker/trade callouts

Support - Access to educational resources and real-time question answering

I found all of these elements in the BBT community and that is why I am a lifetime member, thanks to everyone for making it so.

Edited by David from CT
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I will try to add something new to this thread (so many great comments):

1. Access to Benzinga, the scanners and real conversation about what we're seeing and potentially how to interpret them (thanks Carlos and Norm)

2. Fairly in-depth coverage of financial news and some suggestions about how stocks have traded in the past (thanks Norm)

3. I have read three or four books on patterns and technical analysis. I have learned more from William than everywhere else combined.

4. The videos are worth the price of admission alone.

5. There are some fundamental differences in approach to trading by the moderators. I truly appreciate and have learned from each and every one of you.

6. The ability to ask quick or in-depth questions no matter how simple or complex, and get answers.

This last thing is particularly important: The absence of Bro Culture. Learning how to trade can be very stressful at times. I sincerely appreciate the commitment to inclusion and diversity.  

In the past, I have made the mistake of trading like Andrew while on sim.  I figured out I was being influenced by his behavior, so now, while trading live, I listen to him until the bell, then I turn off the sound.  When I am done trading, I turn the sound back on and catch his recap. That has made a world of difference.  I still get to learn, I still get to make my own decisions, and I don't feel alone. I really appreciate being part of this group.

Edited by EagleBear
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nonoruns said:

So many answers above have me nodding my head in agreement. The highlight of BBT to me is different styles of trading through the moderators.  I love the "interactive radio" piece of each day via chat.  I can just listen; I can choose to comment if I have the time. One suggestion I have (and hey, you may already have it!) is bios of the moderators, including each one's trading style.  

I am mostly a swing trader, but do occasionally/accidentally day trade. 😁  I credit those happy accidents to what I'm learning here. 

Thank you! Please go here for team highlights. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1