Jramosent

Automatic Profit Target

Hello everyone, I am hoping I can find a way to do this.

With hotkey 

Price=Ask-Price + 0.01;Share=50 / Price;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price=Ask+0.10;TIF=DAY+;BUY=SEND

How can I automatically add a profit target where it sells 25% of my position at 2-1, 3-1, 4-1, etc....?

If this is available can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you BBT's

Interesting, I have been trying to figure this out for the past few days myself.  In my case I was looking to buy right at market open and sell automatically with a +.10 gain.  I haven't nailed it just yet though.  I used average price +.10 in the sell side of my script.  I don't have it handy right now.

Edited by MikeGyver
  • Like 1

On 5/20/2019 at 9:33 PM, Jramosent said:

Hello everyone, I am hoping I can find a way to do this.

With hotkey 

Price=Ask-Price + 0.01;Share=50 / Price;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price=Ask+0.10;TIF=DAY+;BUY=SEND

How can I automatically add a profit target where it sells 25% of my position at 2-1, 3-1, 4-1, etc....?

If this is available can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you BBT's

You won't be able to do it with one hotkey. The problem is that DAS doesn't know your stop distance to calculate the profit target. To do the math properly, you have to have access to the AvgCost of the position. This is not available until after the order fills, so if it's all in one hotkey it'll kick back with a math issue (can't get avgcost) because of how fast it processes these commands (it's trying to get AvgCost).

I've added this to a newer version of the Excel config sheet (thread below). That'll give you the ability to get the proper stop-distance and set a price-target to whatever you want. It acts as an A / B hotkey. So once the first order (the one getting you in) fills and comes back, you should send the second hotkey (the one that puts the price target order in).

That version (1.5) should release this week, I'm just testing it and creating the videos to accompany it.

Edited by KyleK29

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

On 5/22/2019 at 1:22 PM, KyleK29 said:

You won't be able to do it with one hotkey. The problem is that DAS doesn't know your stop distance to calculate the profit target. To do the math properly, you have to have access to the AvgCost of the position. This is not available until after the order fills, so if it's all in one hotkey it'll kick back with a math issue (can't get avgcost) because of how fast it processes these commands (it's trying to get AvgCost).

I've added this to a newer version of the Excel config sheet (thread below). That'll give you the ability to get the proper stop-distance and set a price-target to whatever you want. It acts as an A / B hotkey. So once the first order (the one getting you in) fills and comes back, you should send the second hotkey (the one that puts the price target order in).

That version (1.5) should release this week, I'm just testing it and creating the videos to accompany it.

Kyle, that is awesome. Can’t wait to try it out.

Also would it be possible to set lines on the chart where it automatically calculates when your in profit? For Example

RR.PNG.c69529a0118d983978a6f40657e82a5d.PNG

hi everyone, recently Kyle and William shared an awesome hotkey EQUALIZED RISK PER TRADE.

ex. Long with $10 risk: stop loss & share# is calculated automatically:

StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Ask-Price+0.00;SShare=10/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SAGSL;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=200;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.05 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

in order to answer Jramosent question I was wondering since the stop loss is known in this scrip,  is there a way to add a profit target where it sells 25% of my position at 2-1, 3-1, 4-1, etc....?

Thank you!

@ shahab faramarzi, I was thinking the same thing today and am trying to find some answers here in the forums. If you have found something that has worked please let me know. 

I would love it if there was a hotkey where at the 2:1 level you sell a certain percentage of your position instead of the whole thing.

12 hours ago, peterB said:

if i understood it correctly in another thread, this should be in the works for a future version of DAS

Yes, it is indeed working in the latest beta. No word on a release date though.