IamKarthi

Vikramaditya Trading Journal - Live 08Apr2019

Great job with the interview. I just watched it. Congrats on being the top equities trader on the DAS challenge!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/27/2019 at 8:22 PM, Rob C said:

Great job with the interview. I just watched it. Congrats on being the top equities trader on the DAS challenge!!

Thank you so much! 

Hi Vikram!  I watched your interview last night -- thanks so much for sharing your experience!  Looks like we are neighbors -- I live just outside of Zürich!

Tchüss!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JenniferL said:

Hi Vikram!  I watched your interview last night -- thanks so much for sharing your experience!  Looks like we are neighbors -- I live just outside of Zürich!

Tchüss!

Vielen Dank Jennifer! Actually, I was supposed to take up a project in Basel 4 years back, but ended up in Duesseldorf. 

29.Jul.19

No Trading today. I couldn't do the Premarket analysis and BBT community chatroom was also down at the open. Enough reasons for me to skip Trading today. 

Edited by IamKarthi

30.Jul.19

small Red day. -1R. Overall I had some good trades and more ordinary trades today. My ordinary trades/commissions are eating up my profit from good trades. Also, I may be looking for more RR on some setups, where I am not taking upto 2R profits to get stopped out for -R. I have some preparations to do before starting Aug month Trading. 

Watchlist: $FB, $MU, $PG, $PFE and $UAA. I was watching $FB at the open. $FB was below 20MA on daily, and Harmonious on all timeframes, i thought it would close the cap to 50MA. This may happen tomorrow.

Trade 1: $AAPL. Strong at the open, but the price bounced off VWAP and open higher and went to HOD. This is not my setup, and I traded the price action here. In terms of Poker card ranking, this would be just a PAIR, which doesn't win many games. And so, I got stopped out. 

Trade 2: $AAPL. Immediately I saw the 200MA on 5min and 50MA on 15min acting strong resistence, I took Short. Now this is one of my setups MA bounce reversal with Double shooting star on 1min.   I took one partial early (Trade1 messing up my mind) and then at the 200MA on1min.

Trades 3&4: $AAPL. I took 2 more trades on that at Breakeven under ordinary setups.

2019-07-31_$AAPL_4_Trades_Open.png

Trade 5: $FB. I was short biased on $FB from the daily. So when the price reached 200MA(5min)/PCL/Y low, I took it short, realized it was too strong and got out. Should have waited for confirmation. Another ordinary setup. A PAIR.

Trade 6: $MU. $MU formed triple top on 1min, missed entry, But when the price pulled up to VWAP and formed a shooting star (alike), I took it short. Missed 2R move and got out at BE with 50% sharesize. Setup was good. VWAP pullback Short. 

2019-07-31_$MU_VWAP_pullback_Short.png

Trade 7: $OSTK. Another ordinary setup, was looking for fallen angel setup on $OSTK, it kind of formed one, Took long, stopped out. Another long, realized this was ordinary setup and got out at BE. A PAIR.

Trade 8: $TWTR. ABCD pattern.  Long after ABCD pattern, got stopped out to the penny. Took it long again, Price moved to 2R, but got stopped out at BE. Was hoping to get the move to $42.

2019-07-31_$TWTR_missed_the_move_No_partial.png

Good: Traded 3 good setups.

Improvement:

• Few very ordinary setups, eating up profit from good setups. 
  • Good setup partials need to improve, I either don't take it or take it quickly. 
  • Missed 2R move on $MU and $TWTR. Had I taken it I would have closed the day at daily goal.
Edited by IamKarthi
  • Like 2

31.Jul.19

Green day. 4R. Today is a day of Patience for me. Took the first trade only at 12.25PM. Did the premarket analysis, watched the open, didn't take beautiful setups on $AMD (MA rejection- 2nd min) $AAPL (Flattop breakout - 4th min) and $GE (ORB - 20th min). Just wanted to make sure I don't take any ordinary setups. 

Watchlist: $AMD, $MU, $FB, $AAPL also watching $ENPH, $TWOU 

Trade1: $TWOU. $TWOU was bearish the whole morning, afternoon it reversed and I took long after the MA cross and the price bounced inside of 50MA. Partial at 2R, 3R and stopped out at 1R. 

2019-07-31_$TWOU_MA_cross_reversal.png

Trade2: $TWTR. Took a scalp below the 50MA on 1/5 min, Federal announcement on rate cut happened then. Took very smal size and scalped, as everything was following SPY. 

2019-07-31_$TWTR_Scalp_below_50MA_.png

Good: I was able to remain patient and calm, while everyone in the chatroom is taking their trades making money. I stuck to my rule and traded only setups. Didn't over trade, only 2 trades.

Improvement: None today.

Edited by IamKarthi
  • Like 4

01.Aug.19 

Green day. Today I wanted to try my other setup for the Open. I have seen this work on other stocks too (E.g $AMD yesterday). I was watching $WLL and $PS for this setup at the open. 

Watchlist: $AMD, $MU, $FB, $QCOM and $WLL, $PS

Trade 1: $PS. The stock had gapped down today at the open. And during premarket, it kept selling. At the open it pulled back to MA (due to all the shorts covering at the open) and then $PS continues to go down. My main focus was getting the perfect entry today. My entry was just below VWAP. My stop was 5c above 50MA on 1min. And I had partialed at 2R, 4R and 6R. 

• Entry - $20.9
  • Stop - 5c ($21.04)
  • Profit - $20.71(2R), $20.5(4R), $20.26(6R)
  • Price dropped to $19.42 (ie more than 20R) but I had no shares left

Trade 2: $PS. I took 5min conventional ORB again, as the stock was very weak, but it failed me again and I got stopped out. 

2019-08-01_$PS_ORB_At_open_Gapped_down_stock.png

Good: My objective was met in this trade, ie) attempting this setup and getting a perfect entry.

Improvement: I could have held on to 10% of my shares, as the price dropped over 20R. I felt bad about leaving so much money on the table, but again my objective was met and I should be happy. 

Edited by IamKarthi
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Mark D. said:

Beautiful! 

Agreed!!    Now I need to conjure up the courage to take a trade like that.

• Like 1

02.Aug.19

Red day. -1R. I was down -4R after the open, but ended at -R. 

Watchlist - $PINS, $SQ, $MU, $NVDA and $CRON. Watching $PINS(gapup) and $SQ(gapdown) at the open.

Trade 1: $NTAP. Very good trade today. I took a reversal on this and made 2R on it. It's one of those Rubyred stairs setup, kind of rare setup.

2019-08-02_$NTAP_RubyRED_Stairs_Reversal.png

Trade 2: $CRON. Very Good trade. Took Reversal on 5min shootingstar/15min 200MA bounce. I just didn't have the patience till my target is reached, I got out early. 

2019-08-02_$CRON_Shooting_star_200_MA_bounce_reversal.png

Trade 3&4: $AAPL. $SQ did not give me the pullback that I look for at the Open. $PINS was very choppy. I moved to other stocks, Found $AAPL to give VWAP pullback short. Took 2 trades on it, didn't work out. Could have waited for more time

2019-08-02_$AAPL_VWAP_pullback_short.png

Trade 5: $CC. $CC also provided the VWAP pullback short, a hotkey mistake resulted in -1R . 

Good: Traded 2 good setups on $CRON  and $NTAP - Shootingstar/MA bounce reversal & RubyRed stairs setup. Both are A+ setups and had good RR.

Improvement:

• I could have waited for more time when my watchlist didn't give any setup at the open. Instead jumped into $AAPL on a Ok setup.
  • Both my good trades in $CRON and $NTAP offered me more, I was not patient enough to take it.
  • I like to trade at the Open and finish in few mins. I just don't seem to have the patience for mid day trading. Not sure how I am going to deal with it, anyone has any suggestions?
Edited by IamKarthi
  • Like 2

Try some range orders on your midday trades  and go do other stuff instead of watching every tick 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mark D. said:

Try some range orders on your midday trades  and go do other stuff instead of watching every tick 

Thanks Mark. I use Range order all the time. Once I put my range order, I get out of my seat, get some coffee etc., come back in 30-40 mins and then I''m like, ''ok that's enough" and close my position. I think I have patience for upto 30-40 mins, but not more than an hour. May be I need to get couple of miles away from my house, so I don't come back within an hour. 

Statistically I have only 9 trades that lasted over 40 mins out of 110 trades so far. Compartively, I have had 44 trades that lasted only 5 mins (500% more).

• Like 1

05.Aug.19

No Trades today$SPY was down 4th consecutive day and at 285. Most of the stocks were down. I do not like to trade days like this when almost all the stocks just follow SPY. I'd rather trade SPY but it is not in my price range, so No trades.

I had $ALLK (gapup on earnings) on the watchlist, lowfloat, didn't trade well. So I played in SIM and made some good trades in $TWTR and $TSN, not journaling them here. 

• Like 3