IamKarthi

Vikramaditya Trading Journal - Live 08Apr2019

June Month Summary: 

Live Trades: I took only 4 trades this month, I focused on DAS-BT trader this month. I am also planning to fund my account fully soon, I have spent 3 months under PDT rule which is enough. Also, for the probabilities to work, I need to take enough trades (I am expecting 60-75 Trades per month) and it is possible only if I fund my account fully. 

Good:

• Good premarket analysis, no FOMO or Revenge Trading. Most of the times, traded only setups. I wait for my setups to appear with Volume, I don't jump in even if it is William's harmonious setup (my A+ setup).

Lessons learnt: 

• I traded twice in the premarket on the same day. It didn't work, stopped out with a small loss.
  • I am lucky that whenever I breach any of my rules, I am getting burnt. I am losing money and psychologically, it doesn't feel good. And I am not getting false hopes. All the more reason to stick to my rules. 

I have been working on my partials, I am trying out All or Nothing (AON) on trades also. Since I had only 4 trades this month, nothing much to showcase, But Partials will be my focus even going forward in the upcoming months. 

I have included an additional coloumn MFE (Maximum Favorable Excursion) - this provides a view of how far the price moved in my favor on my setup and how much RR i could have got out of the setup.  For e.g on 06.Jun, I traded Harmonious setup and got out after 3RRs, the price moved to 10RR, before reversing, so I missed upto 7RRs. I am not trying to squeeze every penny out of my setup, but this gives an indication of how well my setups work. 

RR_Heatmap_Jun19.png

Cumulative Statistics after 3 months of Trading under PDT rule. 

Current_Gross_P&L_summary_190708.png

P&L summary for the month of June'19.

P&L_summary_Jun19.png

Edited by IamKarthi

DAS Trader - BT Summary

I was part of the DAS trader - BT which lasted for the entire month of June. I think this helped me immensely as it provided a Psudo Live environment for me to try out all my Rules and Strategies and managing nerves when going fullsize. I started with small sharesize during the first week and slowly ramped it up. It is not Real, nevertheless better than trading in SIM. In this summary, I want to capture the setups that worked for me, Rules, any lessons learnt and finally share anything useful with other members. 

A. Setups:

I am time constrained during the day, so I had to adjust my style of trading so that it I can trade between 9.30-10AM EST. I am happy that I never scalped 1-2c going big share size to increase profit throughout this month. I was careful of not falling into this trap, I managed to stay away from it and traded mostly setups if not all the time.  Following is my analysis of the setups I took during BT trading, some of these setups are not unique and overlap with each other. For e.g, Pullback ORB (1-2-3 candles) setup may occur on a Harmonious setup. Or Bullflag pattern may coincide with the ABCD setup. A reversal may occur on a Double bottom that coincides with a bounce off 200MA.

Below are some of my most successful setups at the Open:

• Pullback ORBs (1-2-3 Candles)
  • William's Harmonious setup
  • Fallen Angel
  • Flattop Breakout/Bullflag
  • ABCD setup

My most successful setups at Mid/After noon: 

I don't get lot of time to practice in the mid/after noon market and I am not good at it either. Nevertheless what worked for me was,

• Hammer Double/Triple Bottom
  • Bounce off 50/200 MAs. 

Trading_Setup_Analysis_1.png

My least successful setups are:

• Wishful Thinking/Hoping: When the setup is no longer valid but I stayed in the trade hoping for it to turn my way. Or I enter into a trade without a defined Stoploss, as a result messed up my Trade.
  • VWAP pullback LONG:
  • Conventional ORBs:
  • Reversal - MA cross

Trading_Setup_Analysis_2.png

B. Trade Analysis:

Below is my performance based on Float size of the Stock (Lowfloat vs Midcap vs Large cap) and time of the day. I trade Low priced-Large caps stocks in the same way as LowFloat stocks (for e.g Fallen angel setup). I will create a separate topic to discuss about some of the trades and share it with members. 

Performance_by_Float.png

Performance_by_Hour_of_the_Day.png

C. WinLoss analysis and P&L:

Below is my Win/Loss ratio and P&L comparison. Overall I had 95 Trades for the month (I am happy about not overtrading). 42% Winners with a profit factor of 1.86.  The Profit factor was 2.6, until I had 3 consecutive maxloss days and then I reduced my share size very much. 

Win_Loss_Ratio_and_P&L.png

Overall_P&L.png

P&L_Summary_Jun_19.png

D. Rules:

These are my Trading rules, they are evolving. 

• Don't hold overnight positions
  • Only one trade at a time (unless there is a Range order to take care of the current trade)
  • Stick to the Stoploss.
  • No Premarket Trading. 
  • No Averaging up/down to Losing positions
  • No Early partials, before 1R. 
  • Max 4-5 trades per day, mostly 2 trades.No overtrading.
Edited by IamKarthi
  • Like 3

08.Jul.19 - Live Trade (Now that BT trader is over, I will start capturing only the Live trades)

Breakeven day - 1 Trade on $FB. My mood was not good, there is construction work going on near my apartment and the noise is unbearable. Not sure how long I have to put up with it and trade.

I got in $FB long and immediately got out. i don't remember what the setup was. But the price dropped immediately. Have no screenshot today. 

Edited by IamKarthi

09.Jul.19

Break Even - 2 Trades today. 

Watchlist: Another day with no so impressive watchlist, I had $TEVA, $NVDA, $ROKU, $SQ and $OSTK (LF) on the watchlist. I took $OSTK and $MU today

Trade1: $OSTK. At the Open the price dropped, I was looking for Fallen Angel setup, it did happen,  except I was late on the Entry. And I did not look at the spread before entering, slippage was bad too. On top of these 3 factors, I pressed the Hotkey twice, so I had double the share size. I wanted to get out immediately, but the price was moving in my direction, held on to it. Price dropped immediately and got stopped out. 

2019-07-09_$OSTK_Fallen_Angel_Late_Entry_Fail.png

Trade 2: $MU. $MU was in action today. I noticied the hammer bouncing off 20MA on 1min, took long. At this time, I noticed the Pullback ORB on the 5min, so added to my position at the breakout. I partialed quickly till HOD, as it was forming Double Top.

2019-07-09_MU_Long.png

Good:

• Nice Entry on $MU. Once I recognized the 2nd setup, added to my position as it was dual confirmation. 

Improvement:

• Late Entry on $OSTK, not checking the spread, should have let it pass. Also, should have exited half size, after Hotkey mistake. 
Edited by IamKarthi
  • Like 1

15.Jul.19 - Live Trade (I have fully funded my account and lifted the PDT rule). 

Rules: 

• Risk per trade - R 
  • Maxloss - 3R
  • Profit Target - 6R
  • I stop for the day once I have 3 Losing Trades.

Max Loss day - 4 Trades today. 2 Losing and 2 Break-even.

Watchlist:  I had $MU, $TEVA, $NVDA, $TWTR and $CAPR on the watchlist. Added $X later. Was watching $MU and $NVDA at the open. 

• $MU, I noted Double Top, so was Short biased. Wanted to take short below $44.89 
  • $NVDA - noted Shooting star on daily, was Short biased. 
  • $TEVA - daily below all the tech levels, was Short biased. Harmonious
  • $X, $TWTR - Harmonious
  • $CAPR - Gapped up premarket, candidate for Fallen angel setup.

Trade1: $X. It was William's Harmonious chart, above all MAs. Took it long after the price popped above VWAP and open above. Price turned and I got stopped out. Also noted the shooting star forming on 2 min after my entry. Price was choppy thru out the day.

2019-07-15_$X__ORB_Fail.png

Trade 2: $AMD.  2 Trades. Was bullish at the premarket. Bounced off 200MA-1min. Could have taken this entry. waited for the price to offer pullback near VWAP. Took it long, but got stopped out. Only 7c stop, below VWAP and 9MA. Got in again, after price bounced off 50MA on 1min. Took some partials, and then got stopped out again to the penny. Price moved close to 20R, after I got stopped out.

2019-07-15_$AMD__HARM_2_Trades.png

Trade 3: $TWTR. $TWTR was bullish along with $MSFT at the open. Again waited for the price to pullback to VWAP, Took an entry after it opened above VWAP. Gave it good stop, put in a Range order, got stopped out again.

2019-07-15_ORB_VWAP_pullback_Failed_$TWTR.png

Good: Premarket analysis was good and worked out mostly. I didn't chase the entry for Fallen angel setup on $CAPR. Chasing was my mistake last week. 

Improvement:

• I was rushing thru my trades today, I took all 4 trades within 30-40 mins, as I had to take care of some work later. I need to be patient.
  • Today was a day of FOMO for me. I was fliping thru stocks so quickly that I keep missing all the good moves. $MU had a shooting star on 5min, I missed it. $TEVA was dumping at the open. $CAPR had a very good Fallen angel setup. Missed it too. All these I had planned during premarket, but missed it at the open.
  • Need to evaluate if I am keeping my Stop too close, I got stopped out to the Penny atleast 2 times. Usually VWAP is my level. But now, the price seems to come down to 9/20MA before bouncing off. Need to re-evaluate. Because of getting stopped out, I missed the Big move on $AMD, could have been one and done today. 
  • I should have traded my main watchlist $MU, $TEVA & $NVDA. I moved away from it. 
Edited by IamKarthi
  • Like 3

I feel you on the $AMD Trade today. Got stopped out too before the big move.

• Like 1

16.Jul.19

Green Day (1R)

4 Trades today. 1 Win, 1 Loss, 2 Break even

Watchlist: I had $SQ(Hanging man on Daily), $JPM and $WFC on the watchlist. But I was trying to catch the Pullback ORB breakout entry setup in one of the 10 stocks I had up on the monitor. I did take it in $FB. Modified my layout recently and ended up making a hotkey mistake due to that. Also, Lot of people in the chatroom had issues with DAS and connectivity. I stopped Trading after that. 

Trade 1: $AAPL. 10 mins after the open $AAPL bounced off all MAs and opened above MAs. I love this setup (similar to Fallen Angel setup). Took it long realized that It was in SIM, din't want to chase it in Real. BUT, when i put in a range order to profit out the SIM trade, I put my Live account by mistake. Didn't even notice it until the order was kicked, now I had a Real position shorting $AAPL. Got out immediately without much damage. Could have been a disaster, if I had moved out of my machine. 

2019-07-16_$AAPL_Hotkey_Mistake.png

Trade 2: $FB was forming ORB and offered a pullback (10min chart). I waited for the price to break the high of 1st and 2nd candle and Entered Long. 1 Partial at strong resistence above. I took only half the size as it was $FB. So My profit was 1R against the risk of 0.5R. 

• Entry - $204.95
  • Stop - 25c
  • Exit - $205.4 

2019-07-16_10min_Pullback_ORB_-_Breakout_Entry.png

Trade 3: $MU. Tried this new setup in Live today. Double Bottom with hammer on 2 min. I took small share size as stop was wide. Got 1R. Price later moved to 2RR (MFE price).

2019-07-16_Double_Bottom_with_Hammer_$MU.png

Trade 4: $ROKU. Trend Trade, after hammer on the 5min (I find similarity to the DB hammer setup), went Long. partialed at HOD. and Got stopped out. I should have given wide stop for $ROKU. I didn't. 

• Entry - $110.38
  • Stop - 15c
  • Target - $111 (4R)
  • Exit - $110.8 and then stopped out.

2019-07-16_$ROKU_Trend_trade_Poor_Stop.png

Good: Tried new setups with small share sizes. Was particular about taking share sizes within my Risk for the Trade. Stoped trading Live, after some people had issues with DAS (unable to close/cancel positions).

Improvement: My stops are too tight. I should have given 30-40c to $ROKU (considering I took only half share size and would have fit within my Risk of R). I am so confident of the setup working out, I am keeping tight stops.  Mistake. These kind of stokcs need large Stops, unlike $MU or $AMD.

Edited by IamKarthi
  • Like 2

17.Jul.19

Red day. Watchlist: $MU, $SQ, $TSLA, $QCOM $CSX. 

Trade 1: $MU. Took conventional ORB at the open. Took short on the pullback to VWAP, got stopped out. 1.5R loss.

2019-07-17_$MU_ORB_Fail.png

Trade 2: $CSX. Another ORBD at the pullback. One partial and then got stopped out above VWAP. I don't think the stop was too tight. May be I could have re-entered, but after a loss, I move to other stocks. Probably to avoid Revenge trading. 

2019-07-18_$CSX_short.png

Trade 3: $ AMD. $AMD and $MU were choppy today. I noted the price popping up above the resistence and also setting a trend. I took it long after the bounce (red hammer candle 1min) Price moved slightly and then dumped to stop me.  

2019-07-18_$AMD_Trend_Fail.png

Trades 4&5: $TSLA. I took long after price broke VWAP mid-day with a strong candle and offered pullback. Got stopped out. Went long again as the setup was there. my target was $257(2R), I moved it higher, once the stock was strong. But got stopped out BE. No partials. . 

2019-07-17_$TSLA.png

Good: Not much, except no Revenge trading.

Improvement:

• I need to reduce my sharesize. And analyze my stops. For the 3rd day, I am getting stoped out on  good setups. 
  • I had 2R on $TSLA, but moved my target after seeing the price action, stopped BE. May be i should partial once before moving my Target to higher levels.
Edited by IamKarthi
  • Like 3

18.Jul.19

Green Day.  I had changed my strategy a bit. I have reduced my R factor by 50%, My Max loss is 4R, Daily goal is 4R. Because I am starting out without PDT rule, I would like to take as many trades as possible to confirm my style of trading. It may result in overtrading a bit and lot of commissions. But I think it is important not to restrict myself when i feel the setup is there. My Risk controls are my Maxloss per day and small R. I can do this in SIM, but sometimes I get very complacent in SIM. I will journal most of the trades that are relavant, if not all. 

Watchlist: $AMRN, $AMD, $MU, $FB, $ROKU (although I liked $NFLX, price is not in my range)

Trades 1, 2, 3 & 4: $AMRN, I liked $AMRN because it was gapped down. Price is within my range and it is not very volatile. I took ORB down after a shooting star (alike), got stopped out after 1R. I waited for the price to pop above VWAP, took it long after the long wicked candle, got stopped out. Did it again, and got stopped out. Then the price starts to move up on ABCD pattern, I took it long now and exited at HOD. Missed the move, but I was short biased on $AMRN and was worried about the Double top. But $AMRN traded much better than I imagined. 

2019-07-18_$AMRN_ABCD_4_Trades.png

Trade 5: $AMRN.  I am a bit emberassed about this one, because of the way I managed it. This is probably one of my worst Trades if not The absolute worst. Mid day, I noticed that $AMRN started to reverse. i saw the Shooting star on 15min at the 50MA. This was perfect setup. My entry couldn't have been better. But I chickened out after the price retraced back to my entry. I missed a 10R move. I was already Short biased on $AMRN and I should have stayed in this. As expected price came down to 50MA on daily and even close to 200MA daily. May be I just wanted to stay green today, however small that is. I expect $AMRN to be in play again tomorrow.

2019-07-18_Shooting_star_15min_50MA_$AMRN_Reversal_Mistake.png

Trades 6 & 7: $MU. $MU was strong on the daily. It created a false VWAP breakout on the downside, then came above resistence including VWAP. I took it long and partialed at HOD. Went long again on the pullback to the HOD. Nice Trend trade. I managed it quite well.

2019-07-18_$MU_Trend.png

Trades 8: $AMD. Noticed $AMD wedge forming at $32.77 (daily level) Took it short at the break of wedge to LOD. Partialed once before exiting at new 15min high. Neat trade.

2019-07-19_$AMD_Wedge.png

Trade 9: $ROKU. This was a really nice Reversal trade. 15min had strong support 50 and 200 MA below. Price bounced off of 50MA also forming double bottom on 5min. This is A+ setup. Sold all the way to VWAP. 

2019-07-18_$ROKU_reversal_Double_Bottom.png

Good: I like my new strategy to cut down the R and be open to take more trades. I can learn a lot from it. Also means, I am operating with small share sizes, which I will slowly increase every month. I changed my DAS layout also, and like the new format. 

Improvement: Need to accept the loss on a Trade, I am still hesitant and assume that my trade setup is going to work every time. Or I am cutting short my trades so the A+ setup now becomes an Invalid setup ($AMRN short). $AMRN could have been my one and done. My focus is to try and avoid this going forward.

Edited by IamKarthi
  • Like 3

19.Jul.19

Red Day. It's a mixed day today. I have had some very good trades, but also Hulked out today. 

Watchlist: $MU, $AMRN, $MSFT, $FCX, $CHWY.

Trade1: $MU Took conventional ORB and got stopped out. This has been failing me. I should stick to my Pullback ORB - Breakout entry setup.

Trade2: $AMRN. This is my Best trade today. Not only because of the setup, but because, I didn't manage this setup well yesterday, but today was almost perfect. Shooting star reversal at 50MA on 15min.   Although I missed half of the move, I stick to my rule to exit completely on a 15min high and i did. 

$AMRN_Shooting_star_reversal_15min_Success.png

Trades3&4: $TSLA was setting up for a Trend trade with HH and HL with 50MA on 1min as Support. I took 2 trades, it missed my target of $257 by 2 pennies, before stopping me out. I think I should start partialing here. 

Trades 5&6: $TSLA.  Took another trade for breakout of flattop. didn't workout. Finally the price bounced after MAs cross and reached $260 before close.

2019-07-19_$TSLA_4_Trades.png

Trade 7: $CGC. Took a ascending wedge breakout, that failed. It was a bad setup, with no MA supporting the wedge. 

Trade 8: $ROKU. Took reversal off 200MA on 5min, price reversed a bit, but dumped with SPY. This was Doublebottom on 1min, but no Double Hammer, which makes it not A+ setup.

$ROKU_Reversal_Failed_200MA_bounce_5min.png

Trade 9: $ROKU. Later, $ROKU found a bottom and started reversing. Took it long at the MA's cross, and price popped immediately, this was a good trade, although it was Knifecatching reversal. Price dumped for the rest of the day.

2019-07-19__$ROKU_reversal.png

Trades on $MDLA: Hulk Trading.

$MDLA had IPO on Friday along with $AFYA and couple of other stocks. I watched $MDLA thruout the day for an entry as it traded very well. I got one, after the doji at 200MA on 1min (although the MAs are less meaningful on IPO day). This was a good trade. Took another long at Double bottom, and this was good too. My partials were not so good,  I kept getting stopped out with good amount of shares. 

Then I noted the Double bottom Double hammer setup on the 5min. Took long 3 times and partialed. Although this is a good setup to hold long, i didn't want to do that on the IPO day. I felt so confident that 5 of my trades went so well, now I got greedy. My next trade i increased the share size a bit, stopped out, gave most of my profits back. I wanted to get my money back, I went Long again. I didn't respect atleast 2 of my rules on this final trade. I added to my position and didn't respect my stoploss. I Hulked. Finally stopped below 50MA on 1min. 

Result: I was 7times my max loss, due to my last 2 trades. I was so upset with myself and my emotions yesterday, i didn't journal. Today, retrospectively, I think I am fine. This had to happen at some point of time, I am kinda happy it happened now and it wasn't a costly lesson. Because my R is very small. 

$MDLA_on_IPO_day_7_Trades_2_losers.png

Attaching the 15min chart of $MDLA also, to indicate where it failed to form the $ABCD pattern.

$MDLA_ABCD_pattern_Fail_15min_Chart.png

Good: $AMRN trade was very good. Even $MDLA, i traded well most part. After my final loss on $MDLA, I closed the DAS platform went out for dinner with my family. Just wanted to take my focus away from Trading.

Improvement:

• My partials need improvement. Either I don't take partial ($TSLA at $257) or I leave too much to go to Stoploss ($MDLA). I need to find a balance.
  • Conventional ORBs not working again. Need to focus on the Pullback ORB breakout entry setup. 
  • Hulk day on Friday. Hoping for a normal session coming Monday. 

Psychologically, it is very difficult to accept a Loss (and lose most/all the profit) after few Wins, than accepting a Loss on your first trade. By analogy, If I get knocked down in the first round it is OK, but if I have my opponent on the mat, but he comes back to beat me, then I am furious and want revenge. That's what I saw myself doing on Friday. That's the lesson I take from it.

Edited by IamKarthi
  • Like 2

22.Jul.19

Breakeven day.  But I am happy overall how it went today after my Hulk trading on Friday. 

Watchlist: $MU, $FB, $AMRN, $TWTR, $PETS, $ACB, Watching $MU and $ACB at the Open.

Trades 1&2: $MU. Formed a White hammer on 1min, crossing the MAs. Took it short. Per my new layout, I don't have 2min chart, but the price bounced off 200MA on 2min (which I noted only while journaling). Took another short for LOD and got stopped out again. I need to find a way to implement the 'PullbackORB-Breakout strategy'at the open.

2019-07-22_$MU_ORB_Fail.png

Trade 3: $ACB. This was a very good trade.. 5min ORB, one hotkey mistake, lost half the sharesize. But managed the remaining half very well, partialing at 3R, 4R, 5R before exiting on 15min High after 2 hours. 

2019-07-22_$ACB_5min_ORB.png

Trade 4: $FB. Another good trade on $FB. Setup: Bounce off 200MA on 15min.  Partial at 50MA on 1min and at VWAP. 

2019-07-22_$FB_VWAP_reversal_at_200MA_15min.png

Trade 5 & 6: $NVDA. Break even on a failed ABCD setup after 1R move.

2019-07-22_$NVDA_Failed_$ABCD.png

Trade 7: $TWTR. Breakeven Trade. Reversal on 200MA 15min, but din't get the move. 

2019-07-22_$TWTR_Reversal_Breakeven.png

Trade 8: $MDLA. Took Long after price moved above VWAP and MA's. Realized it was not a proper setup and exited. Small loss. 

2019-07-22_$MDLA_Failed_breakout_above_PCL.png

Good: Traded well, after the Hulk day on Friday. MA bounce reversaal (A+ setup) worked very well in Live ($FB) and SIM ($NVDA, $ACB & $AMD)

Improvement: I need to trade only the Setups. If not for my $MU and $MDLA trade, I would have been Positive. Both trades, I was trying to trade the current price action. 

Edited by IamKarthi
  • Like 2

23.Jul.19

Green Day. Achieved daily target, traded $MU, 3 trades all Green.

Watchlist: $MU, $FB, $SNAP, $KO, $AMD and $INTC. Watching $MU and $AMD at the open.

Trade1:$MU. At the open price dumped and gave a pullback. I took it on the breakout of 1st and 2nd candle. This is the Pullback ORB and Breakout Entry setup. Took a partial at Y-Low, and got out at BE after the buying pressure creating wick.

Trade2: $MU. Took Short below the 200MA on 1min, this was also strong resistence with MAs on multiple timeframes. MA bounce reversal. Price din't drop fast, so i partialed. It formed a Double top, so I added and partialed at MAs and VWAP. 

Trade3: $MU. Price continue to drop below VWAP and I took short under VWAP, very small stop. VWAP breakout. Price dint touch the target of $46.6, but bounced back up, so got all out. 

Trade4: $MU. Doji on 5min. I took it long after the price broke the doji. SPY spiked and so did $MU. Hammer at support. Got all out at 200MA on 5min. 

2019-07-23_$MU_ORB-MA_reversal_-_Double_top_-_5min_Doji_4_Trades.png

Trade5: $HAL. It's a small Test trade. Took it short below 50MA on 15min. had 2R on it, exited after the new 15min High.

2019-07-23_$HAL_Short_below_50MA_5min.png

I also took $AMD MA bounce reversal off 5 and 15min. Rode it till HOD, after crossing VWAP. It worked out very fine. 

Good: Traded only setups today and not Price action. Pullback ORB, MA bounce reversal, Double top, VWAP breakout all worked out. Stopped trading after daily target. Resspected my Stop for $MU although it moved a lot. 

Improvement: Partials, but I am happy with the overall trading today.

Edited by IamKarthi
  • Like 1

24.Jul.19

Green Day. 2R Profit. 

Watchlist: $AMD, $MU, $SNAP, $TXN, $CAT, $AMRN. Later I also included $ROKU, $IRBT, $TER. I traded a lot today, including $FB after earnings. 

Trade 1&2: $FB. Took short at 200MA on 1min, stock was too strong and stopped me out. One of the failed MA bounce setups. This is fine. After 1min crossed 200MA and created a hammer, took it long just one partial near PCL.

2019-07-24_$FB_ORB_fail_and_Long_after_Hammer_on_200MA.png

Trade 3: $IRBT. Fallen Angel setup, but Poor entry. stock was very volatile and didn't get my move immediately, so got out for a small profit.

2019-07-24_$IRBT_Fallen_Angel_setup.png

Trade 4: $SGEN. Long above 200MA (1min) and 50MA (5min). Had 1.5R didn't take it as the target was $72, missed by 3c. Got stopped out. 

2019-07-25_$SGEN_Long_above_Strong_MA_support._.png

Trade 5: $TER. I was done for the day. not planning to take a Live trade. so just watching $TER, and noted MA cross reversal on 1min. Price bounced off the inside of 50MA (very good indication for good setup). Took it short on SIM, realized it was Live. But the setup was valid so traded this. This was a very good trade.

2019-07-25_$TER_MA_Cross_Reversal.png

Trade 6: $CAT.  Took VWAP bounce for Long, got stopped out. Then went Short twice before getting stopped out. 3 losing trades on not so great setups (C- setups).

Good: I was able to try out different trading setups, including post earning $FB. Still only trading with small share size, within my risk. $TER was my best trade of the day, although it happened by mistake (thought I was in SIM). 

Improvement:

• Overtraded $CAT. It was not a great setup, still went back trading 3 times. Biased on $CAT, that had an impact.
  • Partials need improvement, as I am missing 1.5R moves and getting stopped out.
  • There were some great moves today, I just didn't catch one. 
Edited by IamKarthi
  • Like 3

25.Jul.19

Red day. I was very tired today and almost skiped the session. But I traded with too much distraction anyway. I was 2R up before hitting 4R loss. 

Watchlist: $FB, $TWTR, $T, $SNAP, $PYPL, $MU & $AMD. Watched $SNAP and $MU at the open. 

Trades 1&2: $SNAP. This was similar to my $FB trade yesterday, Took reversal at the open near the MA/PCL/Daily level (expecting a Double top on the daily). Price moved a little bit, but was too strong at the open. Small profits. 

2019-07-25_$SNAP_Short_2_Trades.png

Trades 3-5: $FB. Once again, looking for MA bounce reversal. Trusted this as it was 200MA on 15min. Took it long, got stopped out. Took it long again, after the bounce, got stoppe dout again. It was knife catching. $FB was very bearish today, although my bias was Long and that affected my trades today. I did take 2 more Long trades and made some small profits.

2019-07-25_$FB_MA_bounce_reversal_Failed.png

Trades 6&7: $SNAP. Stock pulled back to 20MA and made a hammer. Took it long for HOD, BE stopout. Took another long after VWAP bounce. Partial and BE stop. $SNAP just couldn't break the $18 level today. Also creating a shooting star on Daily. tomorrow will be very interesting for $SNAP.

2019-07-25_$SNAP_Pullback_Long_to_HOD.png

Trade 8. $PTC. $PTC was bearish at the open. Pulled back to VWAP, created a VWAP false breakout setup. I took it short, very confident as there were MAs as resistence too. But price chopped and stopped me out. Very volatile after the Open. 

2019-07-25_$PTC_VWAP_false_breakout_Failed.png

Trade 9: $MU. This was not a smart trade. Saw the doji hammer on 5min and went long, looking for ABCD pattern, realized I am caught in Double top setup on 1min. Got out for a loss. I should not have taken this setup.

2019-07-25_$MU_ABCD_pattern_Failed_only_Doubletop_setup.png

Good: I think I traded setups, but today, I think the MAs/VWAPs were not respected (including 200MA/15min). I had good setups on $PTC and $SNAP, but they just didn't work out. 

Improvement: 

• Could have avoided trading today, being tired, or reduced the share size. 
  • Knife catching at the open on $FB, it was a 50;50 setup, could have avoided.
  • $SNAP was exactly like $FB yesterday, din't give all the move. I could have waited for a confirmation,
  • $SNAP also created the 3c setup on 5min, I just didn't notice it. 
Edited by IamKarthi
  • Like 2

26.Jul.19

No Trading today, as I breached my rule of trading beyond my maxloss yesterday. 

• Like 1