Robert H

How To Setup Multiple Monitors in DAS

This is a common question in the chat, so here's a YouTube video of how to do it:

All credits to Trader Patrick.

Are you saving the layout as default.dsk? That's the one that gets loaded on DAS startup. Please make sure you click Yes when asking to overwrite.

If that doesn't resolve it, you may have a corrupt layout file. Try making one from scratch, starting off as simple as possible. If it behaves as expected, keep adding to it and confirming it works along the way.

Let me know how it goes.

How do I create and view separate charts and montages through market view? Right now whatever symbol I enter in market view is anchored with every chart I open. Is there a way to select a stock in market view that has it's own separate chart and montage?

Thanks

Bob, a chart can only be linked to a market viewer via Montage. So you will need to create separate 'stations' with their own montage, market viewer, and chart.

Take a look here for an example. My main market viewer (next to calculator) is linked to the bottom center station. Hope that makes sense.

• Like 1

Hello, I have 3 monitors and I would like to have different DAS layouts displayed on each. How do I set them up?

For example: I'd like to have my main monitor display the main trading screen, and the other two monitor to display 3 stocks in various timeframes with their montage attached. 

I understand I can pop out a chart, but it doesn't help if i have to set up a new layout every time... thank you, Kinga

@Kinga Maurer I was running 3 monitor setup with DAS as you described, maybe I'm missing something but if you pop out the charts and save the layout you shouldn't have to redo it every time. 

Thanks for the quick reply! I think I understand now what you are saying; the 3 monitor setup as a whole will be saved as a new layout... I'm going to give that a try! thanks again!