OpenSpaceCap

Video recording issues in DAS

I am having problems recording my screen(s) in DAS.  when hit record all it returns is an error message (“unable to record screen”).  and if i try to select one section of the total screen to record (ie a chart window), all DAS windows jump to one screen and shrink to around 1/10th of their normal size.

has anyone else experienced similar issues? or if you record your trades using a 3rd party app what do you use?

thanks

- chris

Abiel, I downloaded it but have no idea how to make it work.  I tried to search online but it only has videos on how to record games not how to do das pro trader or for trading or take recording screen shots.  Could you go through step by step?

Thanks so much,

Seth

On 4/23/2019 at 8:23 AM, baxtroker81 said:

Abiel, I downloaded it but have no idea how to make it work.  I tried to search online but it only has videos on how to record games not how to do das pro trader or for trading or take recording screen shots.  Could you go through step by step?

Thanks so much,

Seth

Hi Seth, this video walks you through OBS settings. 

For screenshots try JIn:  https://www.techsmith.com/jing-tool.html

yeah that was similar to the video I watched and is for recording video games, not das or trading or even a recording of the screen you are on.  He goes on and on about stuff we wouldn't use like audio but finally got to the part we would need and I guess I'm just not sure what source to use.  He uses a game capture source in the video but since I don't have any games on my computer, pretty sure thats not it, so there are several other choices left like display capture, window capture, scene, etc etc.  I don't suppose you know of a simpler tool, I basically just want to record the time and sales and level two on the opening so I can try to read it.  Maybe I'll try my phone and it would be easier?

On 6/3/2019 at 4:00 PM, Marek said:

I tried this again in the DAS Trader Pro s/w today and was able to select a subportion of the screen to record. Did this a few times and played back the clips so the (draw window + record) function seems to work. What still does not work is the FULL SCREEN (DAS Trader Pro window) recording function. When I hit that button it returns an error "failed to record full screen".

I submitted a ticket to DAS Trader about this and will let you know when I hear back about a fix for this glitch.

I'm surprised you got that far. I played with the video tools multiple times and they never worked reliably (usually sent that error). 

Not sure if they fixed it in newer versions, but in certain versions I tested the video/screen hotkeys didn't work outside of the video control window. So you had to focus that window, trigger the record, and then go back to what you were doing.

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)