Guest Gabriel Pena (GAPE)

DAILY UPDATES ON TRADES

Hey! What's good all!

Is there a place where we can post our daily performance? Like to share our entries/exits lot size, reasons to short, long, etc? I think It would contribute to our education and might help us improve our trades during the challenge.

Guest SAM

Hello all,any updates how was everyone’s 1st day of the challenge ? 

Guest Athan

I was up $585 in the a.m.  Then boredom got the best of me around 3pm and I broke my own rules and got greedy.  Lost 140ish of it.

Guest Sam
1 minute ago, Guest Athan said:

I was up $585 in the a.m.  Then boredom got the best of me around 3pm and I broke my own rules and got greedy.  Lost 140ish of it.

The whole market was down today in the morning and somehow managed to stay 850 up for the day,how much are you targeting for the whole week athan? If you don’t mind ! 

Guest Athan

I thought about setting a weekly target, but knowing myself I would start forcing trades on good days (like yesterday) and end up on the short end of it....so I'm just setting my daily goal to 500.  Probably not enough to win, but still good practice.  I'm taking the week off of live trading for the challenge, so I'm trying to stay realistic.  It's easy to get carried away in SIM, especially with a challenge happening, so I'm just trying to stay away from the get-rich-quick trading mindset (taking huge positions/getting too involved in lowfloats/etc).   I've found a pretty consistant flow in live trading, so I'm just being a little more aggressive for the Challenge.  My goal live is 400/day.

Did anyone have issues with the platform’s hot keys or hot buttons? I could not exit my positions without hitting the panic button. I managed to recover my losses but my buttons and keys were not working in the pre market. I ended in the green +$900

Guest Today.. A good and bad day.

Had a good day. At least at the begining. LOL.

I banked 1,400$+ On longing HUNT in the afternoon... I messed with my hotkeys.. boooomm almost lose my entire account and didn't pay attention to the time, It was past 4PM and I still had a POS opened and another BOOM! Got caught up there and have a pending POS. HUNT Closed at 90.00 BUCKS.

Disastrous... simply awful... bad trade management and POS SIzing and above all, I wasn't in the ZONE at all.

A green day turned out to be a day where I almost lose everything. 

Long CTRM. Entered when price broke right above VWAP At 15.18, sold for the quick pop at 15.93.

Banked 37 bucks.

Guest Cris

Hi all,

This is my first time with DAS and I like it more and more.

On Monday I was playing with hotkeys and charts and that led me into overtrading. Started the day green, then went read, then green again then  back to red.

Unfortunately my job kept me very busy and couldn't touch the platform on Tue and yesterday at market open. But went right back with only 2 trades after lunch. First one went green quickly, but I was holding on for a proper break-out. That didn't work and as soon as it went to red I closed it. A small loss.
But 1h later the next opportunity popped-up and went in for my 2nd trade which went from green to greener. Let it ride up until 20%, then i closed. The risk/reward ratio is in your favour if you wait for the right opportunities. I like breakouts with catalyst and volume, and even if they do not work out many times, those few times worth the risk.
Not sure if I will have time today (my schedule will be more permissive in 1-2 weeks) to trade, but if I do, I will aim for only 1 trade. If that works out, I will stop.

Thank you BBT for this challenge.