Abiel

Genovation ControlPad CP24 USB HID

Anybody using Genovation Controlpad CP24 Keypad?

Genovation ControlPad CP24 is a 24 fully programmable mechanical keys with relegendable keycaps, please share your experience using it or provide advise if it will work with DAS Trader Pro...

Genovation ControlPad CP24 USER GUIDE

This is interesting. I know a few people here are using the StreamDeck. I wonder how they compare. It looks like you have to print labels for the buttons whereas the buttons on the Stream Deck are programmed to show what you want. I think I like the full customizability of the Stream Deck more.

This does look like a good and less expensive alternative, though.

Looks like a decent alternative to the StreamDeck if you can't afford one. I don't see why it wouldn't work with DAS Trader. I just got a Razer Orbweaver Chroma last week that I'm really liking. I might make a thread for it since it looks like these keypad-type devices are really popular here.

I actually just ordered this today. The gaming keypad/HIDmacros setup I've been using has been giving me a lot of trouble lately. It's the HIDMacros software that's the problem and since there are no other alternatives out there, I figured it was best to go with something that has its own customizable software. I would do the Elgato Stream Deck but I am on Windows 7 and refuse to upgrade to 10.

Anybody here using this keypad? It seems pretty straightforward but was curious if anyone was using and what their experience has been (especially when executing from it).

Hey guys, so I received the Genovation Control Pad on Friday and had it all setup and programmed in a manner of minutes! What I love about it is when you program it, the information is stored on the pad directly, so there's no additional software that you have to leave running on your machine to accept the inputs. What's cooler is I can take it and plug it into any computer and it will still work! I also noticed while using it today that it is so much faster/more responsive than using HIDMacros and the other keypad I was using. I was actually surprised as to how fast it works.

Here's a picture of it: Genovation ControlPad CP24

As you can see I have all of my hotkeys for TradeStation programmed. It's definitely worth the $72 on AMZN!

• Like 1

@RyanW, can you update us after a few days of usage on how you like it? Just a short review? Looks very interesting

On 8/5/2018 at 10:05 AM, Abiel said:

Just got Genovation ControlPad CP24, I wonder what key layout @Jason W and others are using.

Sorry bud I just saw this notification today. Hope this reply is not too late. 

I use two fast key pad.

I have a Razor one for buy and sell. it's programmed as  +100 + 200 +500 +1000 +2000 shares, and -1/10 position, - 1/5 position , -1/3 , -1/2 and  sell all. Then the opposites side of the trades.

I use Genovation Control  for setting stop loss -5c , -10c, -15c, -20c, all the way up to -50c. and the opposite side of the trades. 

This way I can get in a position and set a hard stop loss right the way.

It's very useful when you manage multiple stocks. 

• Like 2

On 10/6/2018 at 6:11 PM, Jason W said:

Yes I have this problem too. I used a different computer and it worked fine. But for some reason it does not work with my current computer anymore. 

Have you find a solution to this ????

Yes. Seems like last windows 10 update messed up genovation software, 

Use the built in USB FLASH DRIVE MODE to program your keypad. When you change the USB mode switch to the FLASH DRIVE mode, the CP24 will ID to Windows as a generic USB FLASH DRIVE, which is universal, and you can then just copy and paste the BIN file created for your macro table directly to the keypad disk drive.

Then, flip the switch back to the USB Keyboard mode and your table will take effect.

Remember to only copy and paste the macro table file with a “.BIN”: extension. The “.CKD” files are only used within the MacroMasterCPxx application and the “.BIN” files are what is actually downloaded to the CP24 keypad.

image.png.0ad543d0a1a4dd56ce9231b2d5e5f5df.png

should I get the Genovation ControlPad CP24  or the Genovation ControlPad CP48?? I saw multi-posts on the 24 and only one post on the 48. thanks

Edited by BullOrBail