Abiel

Genovation ControlPad CP24 USB HID

I got my Genovation ControlPad CP24 yesterday. Any advice on how to configure it to my DAS platform would be helpful.

16 hours ago, BullOrBail said:

I got my Genovation ControlPad CP24 yesterday. Any advice on how to configure it to my DAS platform would be helpful.

Kevin, just follow instructions in manual and use the software to program your genovation. First you want to have ready your DAS hotkeys and then do the keypad programming. What you program into the keypad is every keystroke of your hotkeys (Ctrl-1, etc.) 

If you are using windows 10, read this...

programming the keys on this Genovation ControlPad CP24  is a huge pain. If I would have known I needed a PHD to program it I would have bought something else. If you are using windows 10 and buy this be ready for a headache. I hear they are very nice once programmed correctly but at this point, I wouldn't know lol. Can anyone recommend another good keypad that's more user-friendly? I've got about 2 hours in trying to figure this keypad out with no success.

2 hours ago, BullOrBail said:

programming the keys on this Genovation ControlPad CP24  is a huge pain. If I would have known I needed a PHD to program it I would have bought something else. If you are using windows 10 and buy this be ready for a headache. I hear they are very nice once programmed correctly but at this point, I wouldn't know lol. Can anyone recommend another good keypad that's more user-friendly? I've got about 2 hours in trying to figure this keypad out with no success.

I studied Law and I programmed my keypad in a breeze. I can help if you have specific questions. 

I appreciate the help. The PhD comment I made wasn't to be taken literally. Nonetheless it hasn't been a breeze for me, quite the opposite actually. I'm out of town on business until tomorrow but I'll definitely touch base with you when I get back home. Any chance you could look at it on Skype screen share when I do get home? Thought maybe seeing the problem would be easier than me trying to explain it all in text. Either way thanks for the help and I'll be in touch.

Abiel, what do you mean "copy and paste" then bin file to the keypad disk drive?  I see no bin file in the files folder, only ckd, and where is the location of the "keypad disk drive"?