adrian88

Legality of offshore accounts for US traders

Hello, to all. I've just joined the group and am enjoying all the resources. I'm aware that there are several off shore brokers that don't enforce PDT; however, I'm having trouble finding the legality of a US citizen actually using these platforms to trade. EG I'm looking at SureTrader which offers 6x leverage. I have a 10000 dollar account and something like this would be invaluable in helping me grow my account. Are there any US based traders here who use offshore brokerages?

I'd love to learn the same thing as well.  I recently re-joined the platform and currently doing my sim training... Thanks!!

I am also interested in this same topic. If anyone could shine some light, that would be awesome.

Edited by beau.null

There is nothing illegal about having a offshore account. IE you can open a account at a London bank , that's considered offshore for US citizen. its your responsibility to comply with tax reporting.