Maher Jamal

hotkey button stops and market sells question

Hi,

Had a question regarding hotkey buttons and sending orders on Das.  I have a hotkey button that creats a a market stop order for my position.  However, say I want to get out of the trade now instead of my stop, I will first cancel my open market stop order and when I click my hotkey button to Sell All (marketable limit sell) the Route section is still populated with STOP from my previous stop order so every time I have to then click the  Route drop down  and change it from Stop to Market and then I can press my sell hotkey button for it to work.  Is there a way to default the Route section to always go back to "Market" after every transaction or is this a manual thing that has to be changed all the time? 

Thanks!

Set ROUTE=MARKET in your hotkey command and it should override the Montage dropdown. 

Thank you. That worked.  Sorry, another quick question.  The montage screen always defaults to 1000 shares every time I go to a ticker.  I right clicked the montage and went to 'Order Template' and changed the default order to 100 shares and I pressed Apply.  However it does not seem to be recognising it as its always going back to 1000 shares on the montage screen even though it is set to 100 shares on the local default order setting.  I am using the Free trial of Das Pro could it just be a bug or something?

Thanks!

Go to Setup > Order Templates

For Q---Nasdaq, change default share 

Hit Apply

For N---NYSE, change default share

Hit Apply

On 3/17/2019 at 12:34 AM, Jramosent said:

Maher, what script do you have to set a stop loss via hot key? Thank you 

for breakeven on a buy: ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Market;Share=Pos;StopPrice=AvgCost;SELL=Send;
for breakeven on a sell:  ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Market;Share=Pos;StopPrice=AvgCost;BUY=Send;

• Like 1

Maher, you mentioned you had it for break event. What if we had to set a stop by loading the price into the montage on double-click and then executing a stop loss order? Im brand new to this and would appreciate the help.

Thanks