Hello,

I am a new BBT on a trail membership, and also on a DAS demo account, getting used to the platform still.

I was wondering how members manage their stop loss once you start taking profits?, is there a way to auto adjust based on current position?.

For example if I enter Long with 500 shares, and set a Stop Loss for the same 500 shares, when I take a partial of 200 shares, I want the stop loss to be updated to 300 shares left.

Is there a way to accomplish it?, otherwise how do you manage it so you don’t suddenly end up with an opposing trade?.

Thanks

Simon

That’s a great question. I’ve been looking for a way to set up stop losses. Other platforms have it clearly defined but das is quite confusing and def not user friendly. Takes some getting used to. 

On 3/4/2019 at 11:04 AM, simonro said:

Hello,

I am a new BBT on a trail membership, and also on a DAS demo account, getting used to the platform still.

I was wondering how members manage their stop loss once you start taking profits?, is there a way to auto adjust based on current position?.

For example if I enter Long with 500 shares, and set a Stop Loss for the same 500 shares, when I take a partial of 200 shares, I want the stop loss to be updated to 300 shares left.

Is there a way to accomplish it?, otherwise how do you manage it so you don’t suddenly end up with an opposing trade?.

Thanks

Simon

Unfortunately there's no way to achieve this automatically. You can manually modify existing STOP orders by:

• Double-click the original stop order in Open Orders window. This loads it into the Montage
  • Update the Share number to your current position by pressing P on the Montage
  • Optional: update Price if you want to adjust new stop to break-even
  • Press RPL (replace) on the Montage

This post describes how to set hotkeys to quickly achieve the steps: