QiRa

Trading Psychology for Women

I've chatted with a few women about how we're wired differently when it comes to the challenges of day trading. 

Personally I struggle with wild swings between self doubt/fear in ok times and over confidence when things are going great. It's been a very up and down 12 months with my trading though for the first time I can tell that certain lessons have finally sunk in. I often feel that I have two very different sides to my trading personality and they are often at odds. 

Please feel free to share

• Like 1

OK, I'll go. 👋

Each of us will have a unique combination of experience and stage-of-life pressures, I imagine.  I took 15 years off from active trading because I was devoting my time to raising kids and also helping my husband build a business. It is fun to be back at it!  I joined because I want to diversify my investing style.  I'm part buy/hold, part swing trade.  I thought it would be nice to round that out with occasional day trading opportunities.  Oh yeah, and also, I'm part gambler.  A small portion of my capital is set aside to make an occasional, inexpensive, but truly crazy bet.  It is hilarious when one of those works out.  

QiRa, I say trading/investing is very similar to surfing, which I took up at age 48.  And in surfing, I pretty much feel overconfident one minute and very doubtful the next. 🏄‍♀️🏄‍♀️  Kind of 2 sides of the same coin.  Over time, I think equilibrium is more easily achieved.  Or maybe that's just because I'm getting older....hmmmm...

• Like 1

hi to the people who have joined!

As soon as I started this discussion a huge work opportunity came up in my day job and I'm taking about a month off from trading to focus on this project. 

I hope the discussion will continue!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.