Thor

Starting a group IP based Voice Chat

Hello All,

I was hoping to get an idea of how many people would be interested in joining a live Voice chat daily? 

For a while I played in an Elite gaming community and the way we held a major edge over our opponents is that we were all on voice. We ran 18 man squads and could keep things pretty organized with some basic structure. 

For me I am losing so much in the chat portion of BBT. There are constantly great trades being called out that get lost in the speed of the chat.

The group would be lifetime members only and ideally we could get a solid core that could work more in tandem to identify solid setups with out having to focus on typing in a chat box.

Hope everyone is staying Green.

Regards,

Thor Young

• Like 1

Hi Thor, as of right now it would be logistically impossible for us to setup a platform like this and be able to manage it appropriately. We have enabled the Clubs functionality in the forum with the goal of allowing members to create small groups to work with one another under the BBT platform. However, we do encourage all members to communicate as they wish - whether that's through the BBT platform, or outside of it. I am very familiar with the Discord platform and I use it myself. If you are interested in starting a small group, then you may wish to setup a Discord server and channel, or even utilize Slack and invite members that you wish to remain in contact with.

We appreciate the feedback and suggestion, but as of right now this is not something we are going to venture off into. But we highly encourage all members to build relationships with one-another and talk outside of the Bear Bull Traders Community.

I would be happy to host it. I wasn’t even thinking about BBT doing it. But I do appreciate the consideration. 

If there is anyone that would be interested feel free to email me at bbshoptechie@icloud.com or reply in this forum. Thanks

Thor

Common VOIP that is being these days is Discord and as far as i know, it's free. I am also interested.

You got it. I’m gonna work on putting it together. I’m going to start a specific channel just for BBT members. Gonna try and have it up and running for next week. 

Hello Traders!

Here is the discord link to the new BBT Trading Room. This link will only be active for 24 hours so anyone interested please link in. 

For now I’m going to try a control group with everyone responding from this forum post. You are welcome to share the link with anyone who you’d like to share the room with but not to many cause I don’t want to overwhelm the room until we can figure out some structure.

For now it’s going to be an open room. But the idea is to create a more immersive cooperative experience. We miss so many good trades because it’s just impossible to watch every stock. We have so many traders with eyes and solid training. But there call outs get missed in the speed of the chat. This coop if you will, can hopefully help with that.

If you have any questions, or ideas, let me know. 

Discord is available on basically all platforms including mobile. 

https://discord.gg/BwucSJ

I will be on about 15m before open. 

Regards,

Thor

Posted (edited)

Hi Thor,

Interested in the discord... has the room been created?  Link above is telling me invalid invite.

Edited by Jmos

Awesome idea!  Looks like I'm a little late to the party, but is this voice chat idea still going on/active/open to join?  Thanks